cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a peculiar issue regarding the storage location determination in the quotation. I have created a quotation with material type as LEIS, for the same the storage location is getting determined in the quotation line item. As this is a service material, it is not extended to storage location (it is not relevent for inventory). Is there anyway I can restrict the item to pickup storage location in the qoutation.

Prase

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This issue was quite interesting. but is there any way in customisation or so that we can make the storage location field to appear automatically or filled from MMSC.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear veena

If you want automatic storage location to flow, go to IMG -- Logistics-Execution --> Shipping --> Picking --> Determine Picking Location --> Define Rules for Picking Location Determination. Here maintain MALA for your delivery type.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veena,

The views in the material master are controlled by the material type. If required you can activate/deactivate the required views.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This was happening because of the material type NLAG, the 'qunatity updation option was checked in OMS2'.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is No storage location determination at Quotation or inquiry and Sales order level.. Only we can enter manually.

Storage location will be determined at Delivery level only..

The combination of plant + shipping pt + storage conditions is determined storage location automatically.

For this, Please goto T.code of OVL3 , and maintain the entries.

Also u need to set the storage location deternination rule in OVLK (deliv.type) settings.

Hope it is useful..

Reward if useful..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This material is not relevent for delivery. But I can see in the quotation item --> shipping tab, the storage location has got picked up automatically. How to prevent this?

Prase

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanth

You can restrict the storage location in MMSC. Go to MMSC, give the material code and plant and once you press Enter tab, the sytem will take you to a screen where you can maintain only the required storage location.

Whatever you have not maintained here, it wont flow in sale order and even if we enter manually, it will give error message.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created two more line items with service materials

(material type DIEN) for which the storage location is not getting picked up in the quotation --> item --> shipping tab.

But for a particular material (non stock -- NLAG) it is getting picked up. Is there anything to do with material type?

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

try 3.7 Storage Location Extension using

Logistics > Materials Management > Material Master > Other > Enter Storage Locations

or t-code MMSC