cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dispatcher for non sap system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On our landscape we have ECC/BI and for those SAP components we will install individual web dispatcher. We have another non SAP software, and my question, can we install a web dispatcher and use this software ?

I've already made some search but need your help...thanks.

Regards,

Jade

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jade,

have you solved your issue to use web dispatcher fon non-SAP system?

I have the same problem, so could you explain me how to do this?

Thanks for your help

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tatankam,

We have a project to use a software with SAP systems to extract data and generate reports, but we have abound this solution/software so no more research about the web dispatcher, sorry.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are working with Virtual Hosts in the Internet Communication Framework, you can configure the system so that a request to a specific virtual host, which is maintained in transaction SICF, is forwarded.

Procedure

1. In the profiles of the application servers set the virtual hosts using the parameters is/HTTP/virt_host_<xx> and is/SMTP/virt_host_<xx>, whereby <xx> is the index of the virtual host.

2. Configure the component that is responsible for load balancing. This is normally the SAP Web Dispatcher, but it could also be the message server. Specify that incoming requests to a service (port) are to be forwarded to the appropriate "virtual host index" on an application server.

The parameter for this setting is icm/server_port_<xx>=....,VHOSTIDX=<i>.

If VHOSTIDX=<i> is defined, incoming requests on this service are forwarded to an application server that has a service actively running for the virtual host with the index <i>.

The parameter for the virtual host 0 should always be set:

is/HTTP/virt_host_0 = :;

Therefore VHOSTIDX=0 can also be omitted. In this case all HTTP ports are possible targets for the request

You can revert back for further queries, reward with points in case you are satisfied.

Regards,

Sushama