cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make any cell in table selectable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to make a cell in a table selectable.

Thanks,

Uma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai uma,

set the readonly property of table to false and you ll be able to select the cells.Any issues let me know

Thanks n Regards

Sharanya.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharanya,

Your suggestion will make the cell editable and noneditable. I want to make it selectable which gives me a event.

Thanks,Uma.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

We are also trying the same thing.

The rows can only be selected, if you set the "Read Only" property of the table to FALSE.

Regards

Padmalatha.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uma

The rows in a table are selectable by default. (Check the property rowSelectable of the table (it should be true)...

to do something on row selection, you need to define an event in onLeadSelect property of the table.

Now to copy the cell value you need to get the value of the context attribute of the current selected node element.

wdContext.currentTableNodeElement().getDesiredAttribValue();

Hope it helps!!!!

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak. I tried this . Iam not able to select any cell in the row. The rowseletable and leadSelect for the table - I need to select the first column in the table to make the row selectable.I want to focus anywhere on the table and get the row selected.

Thanks,Uma.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain the scenario a little more.

If you want to enter something from the table directly , set the tablecelleditor for that column as Input filed instead of making it a text view.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

The issue is - I want to select any cell in the table and want a event triggered for it similar to EVS. The scenario which iam trying is - I have a button , which pops up a table ui. I should be able to select anywhere in the table and get the leadSelected and populate the UI in parent screeen with the values selected in that row.Hope iam clear.

Thanks,

Uma.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Set the selectionMode property of the table to "auto" if you want the whole row to be selected if you click on any cell. OR make the same to "none" so you will be able to select any cell.

You can use onLeadSelect event to perform the action you want to on changing the selection of any row.

Or

if you are using inputfield as tablecelleditor, you can use onEnter event of it. This will perform the action when you press enter after selecting the particular cell.

Regards

Deepak