Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in BPM Container Operation - SP14

andreas_scherf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Just upgraded to SP14 - since then I am no longer able to grab some Payload information of involved messages and put it to some simple container variables within BPM!

I always get the error message: "<b>The Value of Expression '&<MessageVarName>.<Element>&' Cannot Serve As the Source of an Assignment</b>" in the Workflow Activation Protocol within SXI_CACHE (return code "99") - however Activation and Check of the BPM design within the Integration Builder works fine ...

Does anybody have an idea how to avoid this? Anyone of you experiencing the same problem in SP14?

Many thanks,

Andi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas

Try implement note 890760.

This should help.

Regards

Ian

andreas_scherf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ian!

Note "890760" helped to be able to assign Payload information to Container Variables as well.

It does NOT provide a solution for assigning the context object <b>"ProcessStep"</b> which should be available in the BPE to a container variable (same error) - but therefore I guess I will open a new post!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

andreas_scherf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I have tried the same thing in one of our customer's system which is on <b>SP13 - Exactly the same issue!</b>

Have I missed something? What is wrong?

Thanks, Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

There is a patch 3 for xitools component available on service marketplace.

Have you tried this?

/Ian

andreas_scherf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry Ian!

Applied Patch 3 for XITOOLS now - without success - still the same error - I am not able to fill container variables based on message payloads or system context objects ...

Anyone else accounting the same error?

Thanks, Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andi,

We had exactly the same issue when we installed some OSS notes on SP12. We solved the problem by undeploying these 2 notes.

These 2 notes were 868656 and 852583

Kind regards,

Christiaan Schaake

andreas_scherf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian!

So it seems to be some Bug in SP14? Undeploying those two notes is a little bit critical I think when you aleady upgraded to SP14 - don't know what kind of changes / side effects that might cause ...

Hoewever many thanks for your input!

Regards, Andy