Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMAM 3.0 problems with classification and characteristics

uwe_hrter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to install xMAM for Utilities 3.0. So far ithat worked fine. Now I've got some problems regarding classification.

1. for equipment characteristics no description is shown on the client. I can see the value for the characteristic but due to an E503 I'm not able to change that value.

2. for functional location characteristics, the description ist shown and I'm able to change the value of a characteristic. But when trying to synchronize the change to the backend, there is an error MEREP_01 178 with 'Unzulässiger Teilfeldzugriff: Länge 0' on the middleware. Sorry, I couldn't find the english translation.

Does anyone have a clue, where the erreor might come from and what to do? We're on MI7.0 SP12

Thanks in advance,

Uwe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

do you have any changes in the backend that cause this error or is it standard?

Well, easiest thing to foind out the root cause: have a look in MEREP_MON, check the data that is used for creating the object. Enter this data into the create handler on the backend manually and run the function module. Well, the error thrown should give you a hint if it is just missing data (need to change the master data in the backend for example, cause it is incomplete), ente rmore info on the device or something similar.

Regard,s

Oliver

uwe_hrter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

thanks a lot. That hint helped to solve the problem. The error occurred due to a problem with the regional structure in the backend and I had to implement a note. What' funny is that the error message I got in the middleware was a complete different one. Now I still have to find teh reason for the missing description to the equi characteristics.

Thanks again and greetings from cologne,

Uwe

Answers (0)