Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

We are to install a new J2EE Engine, which is to host our

JDI Invironment.

The J2EE currently hosting hosting the JDI is going to be deleted when the new Engine is up and running.

Is there a way to Migrate the JDI from the Old host to the New one ?

Kind Regards

Ronni Hostrup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronni,

Maybe the note 790922 will be able to help you.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth!

Thanks alot!

It was exactly what I needed to know!

Best Regards!

Ronni Hostrup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are doing the same as you (migrating to a new installation of JDI)

just wondering, did it work for you (applying note 790922)?

Did you encounter any issues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be careful, the method described in that note does not preserve version history for your development objects. I've seen an SAP internal "How to move JDI" guide that moves the entire database as well, preserving version history of all objects. Let's hope they release that for public usage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so by implementing note 790922 i can only grab a snapshot of my JDI content?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly! The note states this as well by the way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i know, just wanted to make sure i understtod it correctly.

you must understand that i feel more comfortable reading your posts than a SAP Note...

sad but true...

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Until the "System Copy" (actually "move") procedure for JDI is officially released, we will handle all such requests to migrate JDI on a case-to-case basis.

Please create an OSS message on the component BC-CTS-CMS giving details of your requirement (Source system details, target system details, whether all JDI components are on the same box).

A general point about such migrations: the current procedure has manual steps involving switching of URLs that point to the old hosts. To avoid these steps, it is highly recommended (even if you do not currently plan to migrate JDI) to use network aliases while initially configuring the JDI landscape. By doing that, you will greatly reduce the complexity of steps involved in any migration that may be needed in future (because the URLs of the servers will remain the same before and after the migration).

Regards,

Manohar

Answers (0)