cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in Prodcution order dates in R/3 and APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a production order partially confimred production order in APO. The dates in APO and R/3 however do not match. APO shows the order confirmation in the product view while the MD04 screen shows the order finish date. Since the order is partailly confirmed, the difference between the 2 dates is about 2 months. Is there anyway to reconcile the 2 dates? The reconciliation report does not give any error for the difference in dates.

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You may find the answer in the following SAP Note:

[ Note 579758 - R/3->APO: Retaining APO scheduled activity dates|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=579758&nlang=EN&smpsrv=https%3a%2f%2fwebsmp103%2esap-ag%2ede]

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I've seen this before. Once a production order is started, the system is going to assume that you will complete the production order within the MFG leadtime. So if you have a production order that has a MFG leadtime of 5 days and it is scheduled to be completed 2 months from now but you started it today, the system is going to say you will complete it 5 days from today. If the production order is not started then the dates should match between the 2 systems.

I'm not 100% sure of the technical details but the way we got around this is by changing the CIF to bring in the basic dates rather than the schedule date.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Yes, the prodcution order has already started and it is partially confirmed. I believe APO is giving the correct date [date at which the order was confirmed]. However if the order was reschuduled in R/3 to the date at which the order will resume again, will the same date not be reflected in APO?

Regards

Sandeep B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I don't think that rescheduling the order in R/3 would reflect back in APO. I assuming you are rescheduling the order using basic dates in R/3 but the CIF does not look at those dates. Check the schedule dates in the production order.