cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM Demand Prioritization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts;

Our client wants to prioritize demands according to the distance from customer to the source location. Is it possible to prioritize the DP forecasts and sales orders in the CTM in the way that the production orders are created for the demands of the customers that are closer to the plant.

Any comments will be appreciated ...

Regards

Elif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution that immediately comes to my mind is transportation lane prioritization for a source location depending on the distance between the source and all the destinations connected to the source assign procurement priority.

I think this should help you in solving your problem.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this requirement can be met with Control Parameter in CTM profile by the name PRIOBYSHIPDATE. Try to do OSS search on PRIOBYSHIPDATE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Great thanks for the answers. With the proc priority the demands are collected on the primary source if the capacity is available however after the demand is collected the prioritization is not done according to the proc prio value of each demand.

PRIOBYSHIPDATE parameter provides to take into account the transportation duration; and produce the farthest demand first by subtracting the ''longest'' transportation duration of the destination location from the demand due date. This causes the demand prioritization to be done on merely the longest tranportation duration of all the transportation lanes of a destination location without considering the proc priority on the transportation lanes, hence to prioritize the demand accoridng to the last proc priority lane of the destination location which has the longest duration on it (let's say for the 3rd proc priority - source) but to collect the demand on the first source; hence does not give a meaningful solution if you want to run a network planning strategy like CTM with multiple sources of supply. Might need a custom intervention on the code.

Thanks for the precious help ..

Elif