Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK 401 Unauthorized

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I had developed a SOAP to RFC scenario and I moved it to clent's QA box. Everything was working fine in the development server. Now after moving this to client's system I'm getting a HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK 401 Unauthorized error in MONI. I went htrough the below blog to debug this

ht[/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi|/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi]

Now the one thing I noticed is that the PIISUSER andd the PIRWBUSER were getting locked frequently when I tested my scenario more than three times.

Now this is sure that somewhere in the XI congifuration the password entered for these users are wrong.

1) I checked all the RFC destinations for passwords

2) I have checked the Exchange Profile passwords.

The error still persists and the PIISUSER and the PIRWBUSER user still gets locked. Please can anyone tell me where else to look for whether these set of users are used for authorizations??

Thanks

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Error: HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK 401 Unauthorized

Description: The request requires user authentication

Possible Tips:

• Check XIAPPLUSER is having this Role -SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

• If the error is in XI Adapter, then your port entry should J2EE port 5<System no>

• If the error is in Adapter Engine

–then have a look into SAP note- 821026, Delete the Adapter Engine cache in transaction SXI_CACHE Goto --> Cache.

• May be wrong password for user XIISUSER

• May be wrong password for user XIAFUSER

– for this Check the Exchange Profile and transaction SU01, try to reset the password -Restart the J2EE Engine to activate changes in the Exchange Profile After doing this, you can restart the message

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gabriel,

The report 'SXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES' should be executed in R3 system (tcode: sm38 or se 38) because in PI its showing the queue screen which is not allowing.

Later proceeding to tcode "rz10" in PI , I'm selecting 'Instance profile' and 'Extended maintenance'-->display--->double click  icm/server_port_0.

Should I need to change all parameters i.e Parameter val, Unsubstituted standard value, Substituted standard value ?? to

PROT=HTTP,PORT=80$$,TIMEOUT=30,PROCTIMEOUT=602

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ranjit_deshmukh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

please use XIAPPLUSER/PIAPPLUSER

Ranjit

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

Where do you want me to use this user?? At the HTTP RFC destination??

ranjit_deshmukh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Maintain Service (T CD- SICF)

go to:

default host->sap->xi->engine(dbl click)

here under Logon data check if the logon procedure is standard or not

otherwise try using PIAPPLUSER

Ranjit

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check Note 938980 if you are using VPN.

This is probably a Java Web-Start issue. Please check logon with other JWS versions. Also check if you have any conflicting JWS versions installed.

This is a checklist for logon errors:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/13/unable-to-open-iresrid-xipipi-71-updated-for-pi-71-support

Also check the methods in these threads:

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Its not a logon issue I guess. During the execution of the scenario somewhere in the XI configuration a wrong password is getting entered for the PIISUSER account. Can you pleas tell me how the flow is from Integration engine to adapter engine?? I mean as I see it an HTTP request is getting sent to the adapter engine and at that time an authentication issue is happening with the PIISUSER.

Can you please help me debug on where all the authentication details would be taken from Integration server to adapter engine to and fro??