cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating iview using PAR in the Portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i am having a PAR of an application developed in another place,i have uploaded the Par file into the server,but when i am trying to create the iview that PAR is not displaying.I have checked the permissions also and added the supersdmin role aslo ,still not able to view that PAR.

Let me know what might be the problem and suggest me ,as we need to use that PAR we cannot create the same application.

Its a little bit Urgent .Please suggest me or guide me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u creating the iview choose the option

"New>iview>Portal Component".

There You can get the PAR file u deployed.

If it is not found,in that case deploy the PAR file in SDM.

Regards,

Nandha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the par is generate of your application check the archive portalapp.xml. This file dertermine how component is call of application. The content of this file determine which component will be show in options when you create your iview.

Regards,

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

As I am not familiar with creating Iviews I can only have a guess...

You say you uploaded the .par File to the server. I guess you're talking about the physical server here. Is it located in a place in the filesystem where the Portal can access it? It might be required as well to extract the .par before you can create an Iview from it.

Did you have a look at http://help.sap.com ? There are tons of useful material there, especially for well-defined tasks like Iview creation.

Regards,

Jörg