cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Stock Type in CJ20N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

In CJ20N, there are 3 options for material stock- No project stock, Non-valuated stock and valuated stock. What is the significance of these and how do these impact accounting and costing? Can some1 give an example regarding this?

Thxs in advance

Hrishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Valuated Project stock-with this you can maintain stock for projects. Here both wuantities and values are tracked.

Non-valuated Project stock-with this no values can be tracked. Only quantities can be tracked.

No stock-Obviously no stock can be maintained for the projects.

regards

Pratap

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer the Note: 533207

This note explains the stock types in detail along with their pro's and con's.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. When you select no stock, that means all the material for the project will ship directly from your vendors to customer without you stocking it.

2. In case of non valuated stock, the cost of material doesnot flow along with material i.e., cost gets posted when the material is invoiced and not at GRIR stage.

3. In case of valuated stock, the cost of material flows along with material i.e., cost gets posted when the material is received at GRIR stage.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like add few more lines on this.

a) Valuated Project Stock:

The value of materials project stock will be taken into account such as WIP calculattion etc.

b) Non-Valuated Project Stock:

Only material quantity will be considerd but no value will be taken

Please refer the below to know more details on valuated / nonvaluated project stocks.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/4c/227bdb46e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan