cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging and iViewProcessorService (Remote bugging in the portal)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!!

Thank you all very much for your suggestions in my understanding of PDK for .NET.

I have recently made a form and used a webservice to send sales data to the ERP.

I have used a table to select the products and enter the quantity.

The code I use is as below:

-

CreateSO.SalesOrderItem[] soitems = { };

for (int i = 0; i < Table1.Items.Count; i++)

{

CreateSO.SalesOrderItem soitem = new CreateSO.SalesOrderItem();

soitem.productID = ((DropDownByKey)Table1.Items<i>.Cells[2].TableCellContent).ID;

//soitem.productID = ((DropDownByKey)Table1.Items<i>.Cells[1].TableCellContent).ID;

soitem.quantity = ((TextView)Table1.Items<i>.Cells[3].TableCellContent).Text;

//soitem.quantity = ((TextView)Table1.Items<i>.Cells[2].TableCellContent).Text;

soitems<i> = soitem;

}

-

the form gets deployed but when I really try to send the form it is not send. (if I dont use the table and put the data for product id and the quantity, the form can be send).

Here, I tried to debug the program but it gives the error

"Portal service is not cinfigured for developement. Set the production mode property of iViewProcessorService in the portal to False".

I tried it and changed the value to False, but still get the same error.

So, here my questions are:

1.) How to set the portal service for debugging mode? How can I do remote debugging in PDK.NET?

2.) Is there some mistakes in the code to get value from the table?

Many thanks,

sudeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

1. There is a chapter in PDK for .NET documentation that explains how to debug: [Debugging Portal Applications |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/lw/developercontent/sap%20portal%20development%20kit%20for%20.net%20developer's%20Guide/Previewing%20and%20Debugging%20Portal%20Applications_Debugging%20Portal%20Applications.html]

2. After setting the production mode property of iViewProcessorService to False, you have to restart iViewProcessorService. Without the restart, this property is not really updated.

3. I paid attention that in your code, you are running in the loop but don't use variable i as index on Table1.Items. It means that you don't iterate over Table1 items, but use the same item all the times.

Hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Regards,

Rima.

Answers (0)