cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no budget in the current year but the system is letting receipts go against

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a re-accuring issue where there is no budget in the current year but the system is letting receipts go against the budget. We need to know how this happens and a resolution as to how we can get it to stop. We can't have purchases against projects that do not have a current year budget.

PO created and delivery date has been in the month of Dec’07 and goods received / Invoicing in Feb’08 we don’t have budget for 2008 but when we check in 2007 we have current budget.

How can I stop Posting in the current year even if PO has been created in Previous year?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are obligated to receive the merchandise of the PO that you created on previous years even when you do not have budget, because the PO was created before and at that time you checked if you have budget.

I already seen this behavior and this might be a standard functionality of SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have zero budget in the current year, then the system will allow posting. There Must be budget of at least £1 for Availability control to be active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I also opinion same as Ashish.

Budget availability will come alive when you create a PO. If Budget is available in year 2007, it will allow you to raise a PO. When you do GR, No cost postings happen. If you use Valuated Project stock, Qnty and value will sit in Project stock. To my knowledge, Budget availability will not check , cost in stock.

Try and do the GI to project. See if it is throwing an error. Becoz when you do GI, actual costs gets posted. ( if you r using valuated project stock).

Please let us know your findings.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We closed our budget on 31.12.2007 and project still not closed. Even after closing budget also it is allowing posting

as mentioned earlier. My user is saying it should not post. Where as I say that i has current budget in 2007 it will post.

is my argument is correct let me know.

Thanks,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

It have both overall and annual values

Thanks,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the budget is for both overall & annual then system may n't restrict for consumption in purticular period. You can check the budget consumption details in the report as overally budget may be available.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually I am FICO consultant. Working on PS now.

Still Issue is not resolved. when I checked in CJ03 dates

Project def. Description Start Finish DurationTim Cal

A-WTFD-WW06079 Automated Data Colle 20.04.2006 29.06.2007 297.0 DAY 01

as it is finished on 29.06.07 why it is allowing entries till 31.12.2007 that is my question.

This is very urgent issue need help.

Thanks,

Sridhar Reddy.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This finish date has nothing to do with postings. This date is determined by scheduling and indicates based on duration when your project will finish. If you want that no postings should happen, change status of WBS to Closed.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget functionality is n't dependent on schedule date of projects. It depend on period only. There is no requirment of checking dates in CJ03 for budget related issue.

Have you checked your budget profile wheather it is annually or overally ?

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar ,

As i understand system checks the budget avalability

when PO is getting posted from MM. Since your PO is made in year 2007 , you can make GR postings in forthcoming years unless your project is closed. It is not dependent on wheather Budget is for Overall or for current year .

If you have budgeted in 2007 ( Say Dec 07 ) and say budget is for current year only and you are making PO in 2008 then it will not allow to save this PO. For this you need to carryforward your budget to the fiscal year.

In your case if you want to stop postings against that budget , you may lock the budget or reduce the PO qty .

I hope this helps you

Regards ,

Ashish Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may use CJCO for carryforwarding the budget

Regards,

Ashish Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

In this case it is showing some amount in current budget for 2007 and no amount in 2008. PO is created in 2007 but GR created in 2008.

Regards,

Sridhar Reddy.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your budget profile, weather it is meant for anually or overally. If the budget is assigned for yearly basis then availability check will look for budget for that purticular year. If the budget is mainatined overally, irrespective of yearly budget, system will allow for consuming budget as overall budget would be available.

You can check budget details.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you have budgeted either only for 2007 or upto 2007. You can check that in CJ30.

Budgetting should generally done for the period you intend to consume the funds. for eg you prepare PO in 2007 and will receive goods in 2008, 9, 10 then you should be budgetting for 2007 to 2010.

Reward points if useful.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Since your budgeting type is Overall, at the end of each year, commitments and budget should be carried forward.

commitment carry forward - CJCF

budget carry forward - CJCO

This will carry forward the balance budget and commitments from one year to the next year. Then you will not face the problem which you are facing now.

regards

Pratap.V

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi vishnu,

can u pl give me process flow on fiscal year -cjcf & cjco.

what happens if i do cjco before cjcf, will it be a problem, pl help

based on ur experience, what is the right process for yearend closing for ps

regards

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Still it is allowing postings in the year 2008 for the PO created in 2007.

Regards,

Sridhar Reddy.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For PO created in 2007, it will check budget availability during GR against budget for the year when GR is posted. If you post 3 GRs in 2008, 9, 10 system will check individual amounts against budget for respective years.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think budget functionality may n't working which lead to consumption of amount more than budgeted amount. You need to check the few details on this.

1. Budget availability control

2. Tolerance limit of the budget

3. Anual / Overal budget

Some times budget availabity control may n't work. Please run CJBN to activate budget availability control.

Hope this will help you to fix the issue.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sridhar,

Have you checked the availability control for your project?

If not , you may reconstruct the availability control through transaction code CJBN.

Regards,

Amit More