cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference and example of a header level and item level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I was going through the SD Billing plan manual and came across the term Header level and Item level.

From my limited knowledge I contemplate header level are the conditions for eg for a certain customer example Microsoft if the labour charges are free, if you input that at header level manually then all labour jobs would be free.

Kindly explain the difference with an Example

“The sentence from the billing plan is as follows “You can define a billing plan at header level, which is then valid for all items assigned to it”

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The difference of Header and Item will be as simple as the sample example below:

For example when you create sales order, you need to input sales area- sales organization, distribution channel and division. That sales area will be putting in the header level of SO. When you assign material in the item level of the SO, it will automatically have the same sales area value as the header. It simple means that item level will automatically share the values from the header in SO.

Hopes that will make you more understandable.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rasiq

Yes, as everybody above states the header information is common for all the items in an document. And there are certain details which are only relevant for a particular item in a document.

Customer trade data is all on Header level, along with other organizational data that helps collate item date. For example the pricing is formulated depending upon the data in the header, however it might be different for all the items. At item level all item data is populated, may it be relevant to header and relevant to item. If inside a document you goto header you will find all the data made necessary by SAP to be at the Header and similarly you can Search for Item. There are somany fields that comes from somany different tables that is very difficult to summarize it all in on post. However you can explore on your own keeping the basic idea in mind.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Friends,

>

> I was going through the SD Billing plan manual and came across the term Header level and Item level.

>

> From my limited knowledge I contemplate header level are the conditions for eg for a certain customer example Microsoft if the labour charges are free, if you input that at header level manually then all labour jobs would be free.

>

> Kindly explain the difference with an Example

>

> “The sentence from the billing plan is as follows “You can define a billing plan at header level, which is then valid for all items assigned to it”

>

> Thanks

HI Rasiq,

As the name suggests the Header is at the Head so whatever happens at the header automatically is applicable to Item.

For example if in a sales order there are 3 items you can choose to have different things for different items for example Item category

Each of the Item ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 can have different Item Categories. ICAT1 ICAT2 ICAT3.

Whereas if we assign ICAT1 at HEader level (Hypothetical example) effectively we are forcing all the three items in the sales order to have Item Category ICAT1 snce it i assigned at Header level the items automatically take these values and then you have to change manually if you need to have a different value from header into item.

So in your case you might be having different billing plan for different items which probably would have caused a delivery split.

If delivery plan is assigned at header all the items would have the same billing plan.

Hope it helps

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abishek,

it makes sense..

Regards

Rasiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Header data - are valid for entire doc.

Item data - is valid for that item only.

for example there is payment term,billing block etc are fields in header,this will apply to all your items.

If you want that that items shall have diff value go at items level and change it now it 'll be valid only for that item .so now u r in item

Hope that it make some sense to u.