cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Determination don't work properly in return delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Iam working in batch determination in delivery document, I have created Batch managed material, done all the settings properly for which batch determination is required, I have assign the search procedure and created condition records in VCH1, the selection criteria is expiration date.

In Outbound delivery the Batch det'n works fine, but in the return delivery the system only det'n batch if there's stock, but I need that in the return delivery the system always det'n batch, independent of the stock.

Can anyone help me with this apparent restriction.

It's very urgent.

*Rewards will be awarded for all inputs

thanks in advance

jr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check tranz V/CA, V/CL

Former Member
0 Kudos

the batch det'n works fine only in the return delivery when i don't have stock, the system don't determine batch, and we must determine independent of the stock, because it's a stock entry not a sale.

This tranz are correct, we have batch det'n in delivery item category, and work fine in outbound delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When working with materials handled in batches, note the following:

*Entering a batch

Partial stock of a batch material must always be assigned to a batch. Consequently, for any goods movement you post (such as a goods receipt, goods issue, or transfer posting) you must include a batch number. If several batches of a material are moved, you must enter one material document item per batch.

*Master data

Two types of master data exist for every batch in the warehouse, namely:

-General data for the batch at plant level, material level, or client level (master batch)

-Stock data for the batch at storage location level

*Stock types

The following stock types are managed at batch level:

-Unrestricted-use stock

-Quality inspection stock

-Blocked stock

-Restricted-use stock (only with batch status management)

-Stock in transfer (for stock transfers between storage locations)

-Blocked stock returns

All other stock types for the material are managed on a cumulative basis at storage-location or plant level.

*Searching for a batch

When you issue goods, you can search for batches according to various search strategies

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand all of your answer, but i still have the problem in return delivery, i want the system automatic determine batch in certain items that don't have stock using selection criteria expiration date, but the system only automatic determine the batch for items with stock.

In this return deliveries we have only one batch per material, it's a initial batch.

tks

jr

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

please clarify... are you working with sales return delivery (returns from customer), or are you processing inbound deliveries? because if it is an inbound delivery process due to procurement or inter/intra-plant transfer, you can do MIGO with automatic batch assignment.

please do post if this is the scenario.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm working with sales return delivery (returns from customer), and automatic det'n batch works fine for material with stock, but don't det'n with items without stock.

can you see anyway for automatic det'n?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I all, a solve the problem, with the OSS note 811006, i create a rotine to propose all quantities and it works just fine.

jr