cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Determination don't work properly in return delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Iam working in batch determination in delivery document, I have created Batch managed material, done all the settings properly for which batch determination is required, I have assign the search procedure and created condition records in VCH1, the selection criteria is expiration date.

In Outbound delivery the Batch det'n works fine, but in the return delivery the system only det'n batch if there's stock, but I need that in the return delivery the system always det'n batch, independent of the stock.

Can anyone help me with this apparent restriction.

It's very urgent.

*Rewards will be awarded for all inputs

thanks in advance

jr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you want the Batch Determination in Returns?

Are you dispatching partial Batches?

In the standard SAP best practices, no batch determination in returns. At the time of POST GOODS RECEIPT, system will not check the stock because you are not issuing the material. So, whats the best practice is assign issuing batch manually at the time of reciept or create common batch as Return then receive the stock in this batch into your inventory.

Regards

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand all your explanation, let’s me explain what’s going on.

We are in a stage of the project that consists of batch management with initial batch, that is, one initial batch for one material, and one second stage we will go to have batch management for real batch to make the tracking of the goods.

In this 1º stage, we have to determine the batch automatically, in outbound delivery or in return delivery. This stage Works fine with the exception when in the return delivery we don’t have stock.

IN 2º stage we will go to have in one plaint the management of real batch where in the return delivery the batch are collected manually, but in another plaint we will continue to have the automatic determination, where it will continue to be necessary to determine the initial batch automatically as much in outbound delivery as much in return delivery.

Tks in advance

jr

Former Member
0 Kudos

I all, a solve the problem, with the OSS note 811006, i create a rotine to propose all quantities and it works just fine.

jr

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

in SAP best practice, there is no automatic batch determination in returns. and if you observe further, there is no availability check nor is there picking in the returns delivery. the idea being you determine the batches from the actual returns from the customer.

i suppose it is still possible to configure or enhance the system so that batch determination will happen in returns, but the question is "why would you want this?"

regards.