cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a delivery with reference to an order, but while doing PGI getting error message:

Posting only possible in periods 2007/02 and 2007/01 in company code.

Please suggest what settings needs to be checked and where.

Thanks

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Firstly i will give u thumb rule to use:

1. If during posting any accounting document/material document and you get error posting not possible in range of two periods ie. 01/2008 to 02/2008, then the error is due to material periods are not open for that company code. This you can see in tabel MARV.

For this you have to use tcode MMPV for opening current period.

2. If you get error that posting not possible in 02/2008, i.e. only one period is shown then the issue is due to Financial periods for that company code are not open. Then you can use OB52 tcode and make the current period open accordingly.

This will surely help now and also in future any posting related issue.

Reward accordingly.

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for the update.

But when I go to MMPV and enter co code and period as 02 2007. I get error message."The specified year 2007 is not the current calender year". I need to close the period 02/2007 to 01/2007 and enter the current one so as to make the PGI for the delivery. How can I open the period 03/2008 to 04/2008.

Please suggest.

Thanks for your support.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem is dued to your period is not open for you to PGI.

In order for PGI to be successful, you need to open and close period using MMPV and do the following things:

1) Open 03/2007

Close 02/2007

2) Open 04/2007

Close 03/2007

......until the period you want to open.

I guess you are only creating test data in QA environment,right?

What you can do is just change the actual goods movement date in your DO to the period that is opened now and you shall able to PGI.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check tranz MMPV, OMSY, OB52