Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sxmb_moni shows the returning string as a big string of letter 'A'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

I am using the following scenario

An outside application sends a huge variable string of data via XI using SOAP adapter. XI inturn using RFC and a ZBAPI writes this into a table.

On the table side I am using the datatype 'VARILRAW' and it gets saved successfully without any error. However, because of the property, I can not go and see if the data in the table is correctly saved.

So I have written another ZBAPI to send the data back to the appliation, where I can check to see if the data string is the same that I sent.

However, instead of sending the same string back, it is sending a huge string of 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...',

I went and checked the sxmb_moni and it shows the string that is coming in as correct string as expected. But the returning string is a huge string of letter As. (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa).

Can some one please show me where I am going wrong? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ram,

even we faced the same problem.

we used to get the data from .NET application and we found that ascill values are not the same.

for example if they are sending letter "X" it's being taken as some other letter which is not equivalent to letter "X".

in SXMB_MONI it shows the same letter "X" but while processing it takes something diff.

for us the solution worked when we changed the case of the letter as it was coming as small "x" we made it as CAPITAL "X".

then the processing was correct.

really speaking dont know how the character conversions takes place behind the screen.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the response. I appreciate it a lot.

First of all the string that our application sends to this field is a combination of lower and upper case letter, numeric digits and also special characters like brackets, PLUS and MINUS signs etc.,

However, just for testing purpose, I sent a small string with all CAPITAL letters, and still got the same problem. The returning string is just a long continuous string of letter As.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Tks

Ram

Answers (0)