cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FireFighter transaction log does not get updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After upgrading from RTA 4.0 to RTA 5.2 SP05, I am unable to get data in my transaction log usage report.

My /virsa/zfftnslog table displays the Firefighter ID and date of usage but does not show the transactions being used.

Kindly suggest any actions which I need to take.

Thanks,

Kapil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to run a second batch of background jobs every 2 hours that have a run time of 8 hours. That way you have multiple attempts to capture your firefighter log.

If a Firefighter user is logged in or has a job running when the VFATBAK job is run then whatever the user is doing is not picked up by VFATBAK. This is quite common.

Also the VFATBAK program has a standard read time of 1hr 2mins, therefore if your background job is delayed by more than 2 mins you will have holes in your reports anyway. This again is very common.

I suggest you read the SAP NOTE 1039144 discusses your options to resolve your issue.

Also check that the STAT table collector job (program RSCOLL00) has completed before your start your VFATBAK job, otherwise you have no data to collect in the first place. This job generally runs about once an hour in most systems.

Finally check how big your STAT table is, as this is what FireFighter looks at, if the table only contains 30 mins of data you can only go back 30 mins. Once the data in this table is overwritten you have lost it forever as far as firefighter is concerned.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

emanuel_sanchez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kapil,

Could you please share how you resolved the issue with your basis team? I'm facing the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

Emanuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm actually having the same issue on my project. We have FF 5.2 installed, and for the most part everything seems well, but when I look at the logs, it just shows the ID, and that the "BACKGROUND JOB WAS NOT SCHEDULED/LOG & FILE NOT YET GENERATED." message. I checked the background job /virsa/zvfatbak, and it is scheduled, and running every hour, but still nothing shows up in the logs. I have asked our basis team to look into the matter, only to hear back from them that the program itself needs to be debuged, that it is most likely an error in the program.

My feeling is that since this is a standard program that comes with the install, and if it is working for those of you who have FF up and running; then it might not be a program issue.

If anyone can help point me in the right direction, or know of any configuration that I need to be looking at, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I worked with my Basis team to have the issue resolved.

Regards,

Kapil.