Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - List of Limitations

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I wanted some feedback based on your setup and use of ChaRM, particularly the limitations you have experienced with the operations piece.

I found lot of config related info on this section but nothing about its limitations.

Please state the limitations you have faced from a system and process perspective.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Though you have asked for limitation more on Operations side, I thought I will mention one that I faced on Implementation side, for record.

In my project, the person responsible for ChaRM activated it in Project Admin transaction, on an ongoing 'Implementation' Project, with a view to capture all Change Requests relating to the Implementation project.

Having done this, the SolMan expects no further changes to 'Project System Landscape' within the implementation project. If one added a new Logical Component to existing list, the ChaRM settings would 'reset' and go to display mode.

Of course, the ChaRM consultant got a handle of how to restore it by some convoluted settings.

Eventually, we decided it's not worth the effort, to activate ChaRM within the same Implementation Project and of late, a separate project takes care of it.

I think this is more of a bug that SAP should fix some stage, because additions/changes to Logical Components in Project System Landscape is inevitable in any Implementation Project.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of the limitations for our environment are:

Unable to order transports

Unable to set dependencies between transports or change requests

does not allow manual steps between transports

You would have to do a combination of Urgent corrections and notes to the operator to accomplish the above.

Unable to schedule Urgent corrections

Does not have a Release/Bundling concept. We want to associate changes to a Release and implement/manage as a group. AND be able to move changes to another release if a deadline is missed or priorities change.

Unable to identify locked objects, would be a custom report

Those are the biggest gaps from my research.

Key improvements in SPS15. Work Centers, New tcode that allows multiple corrections for different systems for the same Change Request (SDCE). Will allow one change request to be used for a change that spans SAP components.

Hope this helps.

Vince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think for workflow related dependencies we can go for the customize workflow instead of SAP deleivered. But I am not sure about this. Please let me know your views.

One more thing I want to ask is that, we are having 5 landscapes and in a single landscape we have 3 development. Like 3 DEV, 3 QAS, 1 PRD for a single solution. Then I abit puzzeled how its possible to configure the transport roots and to move the request to target system.

Let me know your expert advice on this.

Regards,

Akshay Shail

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of limitations to do search for: functional or technical?

Regards,

Rutger

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

Functional, technical, business, operational, etc.

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

Come on fellas, there is no one with this information?

Can someone please spend couple mins responding to my question?

Thanks in advance.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pl. Provide your email id. I will send some docs, which might be helpful.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please send some doc on akshay.shail@gmail.com

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

rameshanthony@gmail.com

Thanks Ragu. Actually i had sent you an email last week but did not get any response.

Regards.