Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking USOBX tables backup before Su25 update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone help me out how to take backup of tables in mycase USOBX * TABLES before updating through SU25.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here's how it can be done:

1- In SE16, USOBT_C look for all tr. which have been changed after your system was installed and list the selection.

2- Go to tr. SU24 and hit the 'download' button. Now select the transactions listed earlier.

3- Update SU25

2- In SU25 upload the file you've saved in step 2 if neccesary. (compare the 'new' USOBT_C/USOBX_C with your download first).

Hope this helps,

Jurjen

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can just download the tables from SE16 or SE16N.

0 Kudos

But we cant upload that.

0 Kudos

>

> But we cant upload that.

Any abaper will be able to if necessary

0 Kudos

You should not upload these tables. the download should only be used as comparison. any mistakes you find will have to be manually reapplied via SU24, and i doubt there will be much to reapply.

0 Kudos

>

> You should not upload these tables. the download should only be used as comparison. any mistakes you find will have to be manually reapplied via SU24, and i doubt there will be much to reapply.

In the majority of situations I agree. In the unlikely event of it getting hosed then it would be an option, but it would have to be completely wrecked to even consider it. D/L the tables "just in case" is a reasonable step to take when doing stuff like this & it keeps your options open.

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here's how it can be done:

1- In SE16, USOBT_C look for all tr. which have been changed after your system was installed and list the selection.

2- Go to tr. SU24 and hit the 'download' button. Now select the transactions listed earlier.

3- Update SU25

2- In SU25 upload the file you've saved in step 2 if neccesary. (compare the 'new' USOBT_C/USOBX_C with your download first).

Hope this helps,

Jurjen