cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PO from SC: error in transactin type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm on SRM 5.0 with Extended classic scenario.

In particular the scenario is the follow:

create purchase requisition on R3 and replicate it as SC in SRM

create PO on SRM from SC and replicate it on R3

create good movements in R3.

The question is: when a SC is created on SRM, it is created with a values as backend doc type.

This value is takken from the OU (of the SC) for example ZB10.

But if i want to create a PO of type ZB11 from this SC, the system gives me an error: The SC has got another transaction type".

Type transaction type given to SC is taken from the BSA attribute of OU.

It's standard behaviour that I can create a PO from a SC only for a determinate transaction type?

rgs

enzo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ever considered to use the BADI BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI to change the transaction type of the backend PO document for your type of SC/Ext requirement from SRM.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my problem isn't on backend, but on SRM.

I can create a PO with only one transaction type (the same in the be_doc_type field of SC).

So I can use a default transaction type for BO in SRM and in a custom field put the document type of backend, but i'd prefer use a standard way, if it exist.

thks

enzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enzo,

first:

The only chance to change the follow document type for PO within extended Scenario within BAdI is to change the BE_DOC_TYPE directly in the inbound BAdiI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI (Method BBP_SC_CHANGE).

Here you can set the desired be_doc_type which will be used for automatic sourcing.

Your problem seems to be an customizing error in your R/3 System:

Check your settings in SPRO (R/3)

--> Material Management --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order --> Define Document Types

Check Settings for your desired PO doc type

Your PO_DOC_TYPE must be available within the linkage to the doc_type used in your purchase requistion

For example:

I use 2 different PO_DOC_TYPES in SRM

Z1

Z2

Both types are set within OM (SRM) as an attribute (BSA and DP_PROC_TY )

Besides that, both PO_DOC_TYPES (z1 and Z2) are linked to my requistion doc type (z3) in R/3 customizing (mentioned above)

I can create Z1 and Z2 POs out of purchase requisitions with doc type z3 now.

Best regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Andreas,

I have already checked the R3 customizing, and it's correct. The error is coming before the po is replicated to backend.

rgs

enzo

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SC, the transaction type is determined from your organizational structure and you cannot change it on screen.

Since you are already prepared to use a customer field to capture the "real" transaction type, the BADI i mentioned which is available in SRM, you can re-assign it to the transaction type field from the customer field.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeu,

could you please explain how to change the document type of PO within the BAdI you mentioned?

I think thats not possible, because otherwise SRM PO doc type and the PO doc type of R/3 could be of a different kind and thats not possible. In ECS the PO in R/3 is always a copy of the PO in SRM.

Or did I not get the problem here?

The question is:

Are you able to change the doc type from the external requisition/SC within the follow on document (PO)?

Answer: Yes

But I cant believe that you are able to change the PO doc type within the mentioned BAdI. Are you?

Thanks and regards

Andreas

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on the thread started requirement, using the BADI to adjust to the backend document type is what i have in mind.

For ECS, PO is always replicated from SRM to backend passing through this BADI. Of course we should not change the essential data (item, price condition, qty, etc) However if the customer requirement is to use another document type (maybe due to reason customer wants to use an already existing document type, whatever), so be it.

Bottomline, as long as critical PO data consistency is maintained, i do not see using a different backend docment type will upset the SRM system functioning.

This is just my opinion, cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

finally I solve my problem.

Something went wrong with message. Infact, when I tried to create a PO from SC, and PO has a different process type from the be_doc_type of SC the system give me a warning message, but didn't insert the sc data into item data of po. Now, after a better costomizing of UO and some fix from administrator team, a can insert anyway the SC data into PO.

SO thanks to all for the help, yuo have guided me in this new (for me) world of SRM.

Bye

enzo