Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup message with multiple line in Web GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Running SRM 4.0.

I need to display a multiple line popup message to end user.

I have tried using MESSAGE:

CONCATENATE <line1> <line2> INTO <line3> SEPARATED BY <newline>

MESSAGE <line3> TYPE 'W'.

The following characters where used as <newline> but the results of this was a # instead of a new line.

cl_abap_char_utilities=>CR_LF.

cl_abap_char_utilities=>NEWLINE.

I have tried to use the following as <newline> but was not successfull since CONCATENATE only accepts TYPE C. How can a hex be converted to a char?

DATA: NEWLINE(2) TYPE X VALUE '0D0A'

Is there any other type of message box for Web GUI

Or any special characters that I can use to achieve multiple lines when using Web GUI.

thanks in advance

Best regards,

Teodor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the pop up messages to be shown while error checks or just user freindly messages need to be displayed on screen?Please explain clearly what is your exact requirement.

To implement general checks in SRM,you can use BADI "BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI".But the messages will not come in form of POP UPS.To display messages in the form of Pop up ,you need to implement both the BADI's BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI and BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI.

For sample code,refer the foll link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/srm/bbp_doc_check_badi-CheckPurchasingDocument&

BR,

Disha.

DO reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but that does not really matter here,

I know what do to, except how to manage to get a new line when using the command:

MESSAGE 'bla bla<newline>bla bla' TYPE 'W'

What I'm looking for is a way to achieve a new line in the resulting popup message box prompted to the end user.

In my first message I have written what I have already tested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Were you successful in getting a pop up message?

I have a similar requirement, we need to have a popup questionaire for the user to answer during shopping cart creation. wondering if it is possible?

Any info on this is appreciated.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not been successful in customizing the popup message yet.

For now I have to stick to the standard popup box triggered when using the command MESSAGE.

Please let me know if you were successful!

Best regards,

Teodor

Answers (0)