cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different item type in same sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

how do we handle sales orders that contain both delivery realted billing items for eg: TAN and Not-delivery related items for eg: tax(service item).

for eg say that in Sales order1234 i have 2 line items. one item is fan (tan) and second line item is manual labor to fix the fan(tax). for fan i create a delivery doc and for manual labor as it is not delivery related, this item will not be copied in delivery.

now for billing, i create F2 giving delivery no. then TAN will be bilind but what about other item?? do i have to create another F2 to be able to bill TAX item??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two ways to fix your issue.

I'm considering the same example that you have in your querie.

Method 1.

Configuring Fan as TAN item and the Labor charges as TAX item category. In this case delivery will be created for the first item and is relevant for Delivery related billing and the 2nd item (Labor charge) is relevant for order related billing.

To get a single invoice for both the items, Go to VF01 and enter the delivery # and the order # in documents column. YOu should be able to create single invoice for both the items, if not check the Split analysis and do the necessary configuration changes.

THis involves manual process or a Custom BDC Program to combine the Delivery relevant and Order relevant items to generate single invoice.

Method 2

Configure Fan as TAN item and the Labor charges as (TAW- Value Item) and make sure the check box "Rel for Delivery" is checked in the TAW item category definition. In this case the delivery will be created for both the items Fan and Labor charge but the first one is relevant for picking and the Labor charge is not relevant for picking.

So this way you can create single invoice for tangible and in-tangible delivery of goods and that too automatically.

I suggest to go for the 2nd method, but it purely depends on your business requirements and the complexity.

Regards,

Aj.

Don't forget to reward points if helpful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you have to create different billing document for these scenario...

Becoz in copy control will be done from delivery and order differently

Muthu