cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use sap webdispatcher with multiple hosts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to support 2 different senerios with our SAP Webdispatcher. I need to have some users accessing services on our backend ECC system using SSL between the SAP Web Dispatcher and the client. I have another group of users that need to use a different URL that does not need to use SSL. Do I need to run 2 separate instances of SAP Webdispatcher or can I configue one to handle both accesses?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member273222
Participant
0 Kudos

Are all the users accessing the same back end system? If they are, you should be able to do it with one dispatcher. You would just need to configure two ports in the <SID>_Wxx_hostname profile, e.g.:

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=80

icm/server_port_1 = PROT=ROUTER,PORT=443

This will route users to who connect to the web dispatcher on port 80 to the backend system via HTTP, and users who connect to the web dispatcher on port 443 will be routed to the backend system via HTTPS (Using end-to-end ssl).

If you're trying to route users to different back end systems, I think you will need multiple web dispatchers. As far as I know, a web dispatcher will only load balance users over a single system. But I'm not 100% on that, so maybe somebody else knows for sure.

Hope this helps,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

You are right, the web dispatcher needs to connect to a single Message Server, so a single backend system.

For Internet access for 2 different backend systems we have used this architecture :

..................................... ______ Web Dispatcher 1 ---> SAP XI

Apache Reverse Proxy ---|

.....................................|______ Web Dispatcher 2 ---> SAP SRM

The 2 Web dispatchers are on the same host but they listen to different ports.

Hope this helps.

Olivier