Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Receiver adapter error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All;

I have a IDOC-sapxi-webservices using rpc wsdl;

i have done the testing with SOAP UI and it is working fine

i have got the successful messaging in sxmb_moni but data is not getting posted into Webservices

I am getting this system error in message monitor audit log

SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault:

can anybody suggest the solution to my problem as why data is not reaching to webservices as soap ui and sopa monitor tool doesnt show any error.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error is thrown when the web service response is not in SOAP format.

This will happen when the server is providing the response to the web service request ie. it is not even reaching the web service.

It is likely that an HTML response is coming back from the server and this is causing the problem.

The way to see the exact response coming back from the web service is to use an HTTP sniffer tool and log the request and response.

Kind regards

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am not using the response messag i;e. i am ignoring it therefore i feel it should not create any problem

as per my configuration

i have mapped the matmas idoc to request message of wsdl and used message interface as asynchronous inbound, i ignored the response structure

now it should not create any problem

could you suggest how to rectify the error;

thanks & regards

prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the web service provides a response then you have to handle it - you have no choice.

If the web service was asynchronous, then no response would be given back to XI but your description seems to suggest it does provide a response therefore you have to handle it.

Are you sure the web service is not synchronous ?

Kind regards

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you suggest how to handle the response and get rid of this problem

i dont want to use BPM for performqnce point of view

wsdl contains request and response structure

scenario is IDOC_SAPXI_Webservices

SAP doesnt want response back

thanks & regards

prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look in this OSS note: 856597

This may provide you with a suitable answer.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your problem lies in the fact you have defined an asynchronous interface for a synchronous web service.

Try changing this to a sync interface with the SOAP request and response defined.

Cheers

Colin.

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, this kind of error is related from receiver side

to be sure, get the inbound message from PI, and do a TEST mapping in IR (message Mapping). if any mapping error is triggered, so talk with a receiver system team and check the data you are sending. as you can see the data is reaching to ws, but in runtime it fails. so any parameter you are sending has bad format o bad data.

check this.

Thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain how we can change it to synchronous interface in message interface as Interface IDOC - SAP XI- Webservices supports asynchronous mode

even if i change it to synchronous then how mapping will be done as I have MATMAS request IDOC message and request /response structure of wsdl file.

are u refering to a case wherein I should create two asynchronous interface please clarify.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Redrigo,

Can you please clarify it more. I couldnt understand it.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, this kind of error is related from receiver side, because you receive and error from receiver side

do a TEST mapping in IR (message Mapping). if there no error, that means you dont have problem, so tue fault you are receiving could be related with wrong data. someone of receiver system team have to check the data you send them. if there no error with data, they must debug the receiver application and look for where the application dump.

better now??

Thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheked with the data and it is acceptable to the webservices the data I want to send. I checked with the SOAP UI tool.

Could you suggest more on the problem. I am still clueles about the problem.

Any help to rectify this problem will be appreciated with full points

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as a segguest you before, check the data with a functional person and if the data is ok, try to debug the receiver app

in my case, i send a null value in a field 0..1, but in the receiver side this fiels was considered mandatory, so the ws returned a fault exception. cases like this is the reason the ws return a fault execption.

tanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

could you suggest more on my specific problem.

as data part I have laready checked and it was working fine

any correct solution to rectify my problem will be rewarded fully

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done the testing for IDOC-SAPXI-Webservices with SOAP UI tool also and it was working fine. Thereis no data incorrectness.

Can any body suggest the possible solution to my problem.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

check the XML that you send to the WS

if the server returned this soap fault it might mean that XML was not correct

Thanks

Manas (reward with points)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the input but yesterday I checked the xml content and tried to post it to webservices using soap envelope and it was posted successfully.

Can anybody suggest the concrete solution to my problem.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Prabhat,

just do what i tell you before, check the data in the receiver side, debug the app or check the data with a functional person

Thanks

Rodrigo