cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field catalog not found...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

when i try to create billing request for a service order (using dp90), i am getting the following message :

Field catalog not found

Message no. 0K530

Diagnosis

The field catalog cannot be determined because the output table

structure name was not specified.

what can i do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically, you need a field catalog for each list that is displayed using the ALV Grid Control. You have several options of generating a field catalog:

-Automatically through a Data Dictionary structure

-Manually in your ABAP program

-Semi-automatically by combining the above two procedures.

Reference to the Output Table:

FIELDNAME LVC_FNAME

You use this field to assign a field name of your output table to a row of the field catalog. All settings that you make in this row refer to the corresponding column of the output table.

Please contact your abapers

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member203675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing same issue. can you please help me. how did u solve this.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit

If you have an issue, you should have created a new issue. You shouldnt really be opening an issue whihc has been dormant since Nov 2009

The issue is not relevant to field catalog of any of the condition tables .The issue is actually in DIP profile for the relevant characteristics which are relevant for DIP billing.

The issue lies in ODP1 transaction code for either the characteristics or the selection criteria for source /  material determination. If you check this place you should be able to solve your problem.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As rightly pointed out by Navaneetha, please dont post any new query in a thread which is two / three years old.  Create a new thread detailing the issue you were facing so that it will be easy for the members to propose a suitable suggestion.

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check note 1341835

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can any one for this solution.

Regards

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

iam facing the same kind of problem now with dp90 transaction code.

please provide me the solution how to resolve this error. (field catalog not found in dp90 transaction code)

former_member203675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing  the same issue. can you please help. how did you solve this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is related to output. The field catalog determines the available field for use in condition tables for output control.

You may have extended the field catalog with an additional field and used this in a condition table. However this addition is not transported to your current system. Remove the output before saving and check the used condition tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply but can you explain it step by step with transaction codes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume this error happens when you save the billing document, and it is a billing output issue. As said, you could verify this by removing all outputs before saving, and afterwards in change mode add them again one by one to figure out which is failing. Alternatively use the blue i icon to analyze the outputs.

Transaction NACE can be used for output setup across all modules. If the assumption regarding billing is correct, we are dealing with application V3. Mark this in the left side. Press 'output types' button and check the output types you saw in the billing document by double clicking. On the 'General data' is the access sequence assigned. Double click that. Probably will multiple output types be attached to the same access sequence. Mark the access sequence, and unfold the 'Accesses' to the left. Check out the condition tables in the Tab column. All condition tables below 599 is standard and probably OK. Note down the high numbers.

Go back to the initial screen of NACE. With the application (V3) marked, select EDIT - CONDITION TABLES in the menu.

Check each of the used condition tables here. Use utilities - Generate in the menu. Mark all boxes and execute. You can even select the entire range 500-999 at one time if you prefer. At least one condition table should give errors in the generation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help but it doesn't work. i think problem is different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are probably right that this is a diffirent issue. It is difficult to say from the little information you provide. I did a SE91 where-used on your error message, and it seems like all involved programs are generic ALV logic. It should be possible to set a break-point just before the error message and check in the call stack where the ALV data ( especially the field catalog ) is coming from. This can easyly take a few hours of debugging and nothing we can help with offline.