cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web DynPro or Visual Composer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a little problem.. I know the differents between WD and VC, but I don't know, which tool is better to use.

I have only to show some data of an InfoCube . There is nothing to edit or something else. To do this, I have written a concept which is based on Web Dynpro for Java, but I don't think, that this is the best tool to do this. To only show data, I can also use VC and i have an wizard for BI-integration there. it makes something much more easier.

On the other hand I think, that VC is not flexible enough, so that I have some problems to transfer the program to any other system. What do you think, what's better to produce an usefull und reusable program?

It is a part of an product of our company that we want to sell.. so it must be flexible enough to do that.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In web Dynpro we have the full control over the UI Elements and we can create the UI Elements during the runtime and disable it to our need . so I think web Dynpro is more powerful than Visual Composer.

for further guidance

refer this link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/44/789ee8d62455cee10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your requirement VC will be the right tool.

First thing is you dont need to write any code.

No code means less errors and easy maintenance.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Peter,

Visual Composer is usually used for making small dashboards and applications. If you would just like to show data from some infocube then VC will enable you to achieve this in shortest time as VC integration with BI is excellent.

Moreover making changes in VC is much more easier than webdynpro.

Regarding transport, VC generates a xml file(GML) which can be easily transported into any system. Moreover look n feel achieved through VC is much more profession.

You should go for webdynpro when you have complex set of user interactions.

Thanks,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

… NetWeaver provides the user interface technology for individual applications through Web Dynpro (Inside-out approach).

NetWeaver provides the ability to develop portal content without programming through Visual Composer (Outside-in approach).

…Both Visual Composer andWeb Dynpro are being developed as complementary technologies.

complex application then Webdynpro is better. Some requirements can not be done with VC.

Regards,

P.Manivannan