cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO between federated portals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured federated portal . I could see the producer content in the consumer portal . I am remote delta link method to consume the content . when i try to execute the Iview it is prompting to enter user id and password. Looks like the SSO is not working ( i have the same user id in both the portals ). Any idea as to why it is prompting for user id / password .if SSO is not working will i be able to see the producer content in my consumer in first hand ??

Regards,

Tarun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the password issue can be solved if you follow the below steps:

Configuring Your Registration Password:

Go to application module and configure:

1. In the SAP NetWeaver Administrator tool, access the following portal application and service:

u2022 ○ Portal application: com.sap.portal.ivs.wsrpservice

u2022 ○ Service: AutoGenProducer1_0

For information about accessing and configuring portal services in the SAP NetWeaver Administrator tool, see Accessing Portal Services in SAP NetWeaver Administrator.

2. Enter a password in the REGISTRATION_PASSWORD property.

The default password is password. If you enter a blank password, the consumer does not request one upon registration.

2. Save your changes.

3. Here the reg psswrd property was left blank

Regards,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Harish is perfectly correct.

Most likely the problem is one of the following:

- trust/SSO is not established correctly

- not using fully qualified domain name (corresponding with domain relaxing)

- same logon ID does not exist on both portals.

Bare in mind that as of NW7.0 SP14 there's a new tool to exchange certificates described in SAP note: 1083421.

The easiest way to check if you have SSO setup correctly is to logon to your consumer with a fresh browser and then replace the URL in the browser with that of the producer. If you see a logon screen than probably one of the above problems has occured.

Best regards,

Oren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never you have to configure SSO between the two Portals always.

You can use logon ticket preferably and it can be done without much complication. Refer to link below

You will have to do reading for both scenarios.

1. Logon ticket with j2ee engine as ticket issuing system.

2, Logon ticket with j2ee engine as accepting system

Do a reading on both. It can be completed in a day's work.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/8d/aca9abae7f4bdcb567207061104a96/frameset.htm

Look at both the sections - setting up trust for producers and setting up trust for consumers.

You will also be adviced to do a reading on logon tickets for sap systems for both ticket issuing and ticket accepting j2ee engines.

Please go through link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/4d/dd9b9ce80311d5995500508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

Cheers!

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish ,

That is all done , that the reason i could see the producer content in my consumer . Trust has beed established between the portals.

Regards,

Tarun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Big question is did you establish sso,preferably logonticket between the two portals?

If so , do u have logonticket for that particular producer user in consumer portal configured.

Confirm this fact.

Thanks,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish ,

Yes we did establish logonticket ,

I have a question if that is not done will i be able to see the producer content in the consumer ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure what are the steps you have followed. But one thing is clear and certain - the user you are accessing in Producer Portal is not being authenticated in other system- This also means that SSO for this user is not clearly configured. You can to understand more clearly switch debug mode on in system administrator-system configuration-> support desk for that user.

If there is authenticated there will be seamless navigation of content, whether or not there is a federated Portal or not.

Check up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In any case switching debug mode on will help you create detailed trace for the failure in your portal server logs. Check that up and troubleshoot. One more thing, I hope you know that for logon ticket userid must be same in both Portals!

Best Regards,

Harish

Edited by: HARISH PALAMADAI SUBRAMANIAN on Mar 11, 2008 3:13 PM