cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule file adapter from monday to firday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

My scenario is Legasy sytem->Xi-> SAP.

File is maintained at the folder of legacy system.

My requirement is:

1) File needs to be picked up only on Monday to Firday?

2) In a day two files will be picked up one in the morning and another in the evening.

3) In case the flat file is not available in morning or evening, retry the file after every 5 minutes till haft n hour.

4) If the file is still not available after half n hour retival from step 3,then an exception will be thrown to user by mail.

My question to be clarified are:

1) Can we achieve this using avability check through RWB,if we schedule it from there then it will run on saturday as well as on sunday aswell.That I dont want.

I have gone through many scheduling file adapter mechanism

docs and weblog but I thought i will not server my requirement.

Is there any work arround for this requirement.If anyboy has come accross this requirement then pls share their experience and solutions as well.

Thnx

Chirag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could schedule the File processing upto- certain extent with RWB, but its true that it will execute on saturday as well as on sunday.

Then probably for saturday as well as on sunday you could deactivate the File adapter in RWB by pressing Stop button.

If that also need to be modify then go for Per file processing that could make sense to put the files on host based on the scheedule or processing of Sender system and accordingly XI will process.

But some of the conditinal processing then you need to compromise.

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Mar 10, 2008 2:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Swarup,

Then probably for saturday as well as on sunday you could deactivate the File adapter in RWB by pressing Stop button.

This will not be worked out as this is manual process. We want automated process. The same option I had think of initially.

If that also need to be modify then go for Per file processing that could make sense to put the files on host based on the scheedule or processing of Sender system and accordingly XI will process.

Can you elaborate on this.

Anybody has any inputs then pls provide it.

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what version you are on. But from 7.0 SP14 and 3.0 SP19, you can schedule your communication channel availability times.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Thanks,

Pam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chirag:

Just a note. Does your legacy system put the file on Saturday and Sunday too. If not, i think you can go ahead schedule all week since there is no file on Saturday and Sunday, you will have no effect on your scenario. Also make sure that this polling does not consume all the resources

Just my 2 cents

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

You can configure to pick the files from monday to friday by using availability time in communication channel monitoring, in that we have weekly schedule there we have an availability to check the check boxes on which day it should be executed.

and this might give the solution for the other, can u arrange any counter varible so that according to you if it polls more that half an hour it should raise an exception or an alert for that you are polling to the directory for every 5 minutes, so for an half an hour it polls around 6 times, so maintain the counter variable for the polling if the counter variable is more that 6 raise an exception or an alert, it might give the solution.

regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have done some work around at SAP R3 side. I m using arability check and using the weekdays and avoiding saturday n sunday.

thnx for the information and help.

chirag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Can you throw light in detail on this problem. Because this is becoming a very common phase in almost all the projects are I rather request you to post a blog on this.This can be of great favour to the team.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write a small ABAP program to do a HTTP Post to http(s)://host:port/AdapterFramework/ChannelAdminServlet?party=&service=BLService&channel=*&action=status

where status = start/stop

Schedule this program in the morning and evening to start the channel, control this for weekends.

Schedule your channel with a polling interval of 5 minutes normally.

Once the channel is started it keeps on polling for every 5 mins.

When the file is polled in the XI send a message to this program also this time to stop the channel.

For more info on starting and stopping channel manually refer to link below.

[Controlling Channels Externally|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6456] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Automate the same using HTTP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Thank you for the information.

It was a great help.

Just wanted to know few things.

1) So my first scenario will be ABAP to HTTP which will start and stop the adapter and then my actual scenario start.

Do u mean the same thing?

Thnx,

Chirag