cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating a new customer with a new Customer Account Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm able to easily create a customer using an existing Customer Account Group. Then I copy this Customer Account Group to a new Customer Account Group. When I try to create a customer using the newly created Customer Account Group, the fields on the tab Partner Functions (sold-to party...) are not filled (with the customer that is being created) but remain empty and the error message "Data is incomplete" is displayed. Why is it so?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

may be u didnt asign partner function procedure to account group.

goto

img->logistic general->business partner->customers->control-> define account groups and field selection for customers

or TCODE: OVT0

goto partner det proc select relevant partner procedure. save it

even any problem reply

regards

murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u assigned the new account group to the partner functions? If not, assign the new account group to the partner function.

Path: IMG-S&D-BF-SET PARTNER DETERMINATION

Cheers,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> Have u assigned the new account group to the partner functions? If not, assign the new account group to the partner function.

> Path: IMG-S&D-BF-SET PARTNER DETERMINATION

>

> Cheers,

> Anil.

Well, that's where the configuration problem arises, under Customer Master - Account Groups - Partner Assignment !

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

boy, you all said it right... working with SAP partner determination can be a nightmare!!!

what i found out is that when you define a new account group by copying an existing account group, a lot of things are not copied. try these:

1. go to IMG > Log General > Business Partners > Customers > Control > Define account group. select your new account group and enter 'AG' in the partner determination procedure.

2. next, go to IMG > SD > Basic Functions > Partner Determination > Set up Partner Determination > Set up PD for customer master. Select AG and go to Account Groups - Function Assignment. Make all the necessary entries (partner functions > account group). Double check Partner Determination Procedure Assignment.

3. now create customer master using your account group. the other partner functions should now appear.

4. finally, test your account group (if this is a sold-to) by saving your customer master and executing FD32; see if you can maintain the credit master for your sold-to. creating a sold-to master data should automatically create credit master as well.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 2. next, go to IMG > SD > Basic Functions > Partner Determination > Set up Partner Determination > Set up PD for customer master. Select AG and go to Account Groups - Function Assignment. Make all the necessary entries (partner functions > account group). Double check Partner Determination Procedure Assignment.

This is not possible since the error is generated here!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to

IMG>Sales and Distribution>Basic functions>Partner determination>Setup partner determination

*Setup partner determination for customer master

Check which partner determination procedure is assigned to the account group you have created. This partner determination procedure should contain all the partners like sp, sh, bp, py.

check the account group and function assignment. Assign all function to account group.

Reward points if the information is helpful

Regard

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> Go to

> IMG>Sales and Distribution>Basic functions>Partner determination>Setup partner determination

> *Setup partner determination for customer master

>

> Check which partner determination procedure is assigned to the account group you have created. This partner determination procedure should contain all the partners like sp, sh, bp, py.

>

> check the account group and function assignment. Assign all function to account group.

>

> Reward points if the information is helpful

>

> Regard

> Vijay

In Account Groups - Partner Assignment, when I try to add a SP/new_account_group combination I receive the error message "Choose the key from the allowed namespace"!

However, when I modify an existing SP (for example) entry with my new account group, I'm able to save the modified record - in that case when creating a new customer I see the customer INTERNAL in the sold-to-party record?

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marko,

I have been trying to do partner determination with creating a new account group from last 8 months and for some reason cannot get it working.

I have tried several ways But always something or the other is just not complete.

If we don't create a new account group and use the existing one, it works fine. However the moment you touch account group things go hay wire.

The only thing remaining is to take help of a technical person to check which data is missing....

If you get though this please let me also know.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you get INTERNAL for sold to party, then save. you should get the customer number generated internally by the system, provided the number range assignment is internal. you can configure the number range assignment in IMG>Logistics General>Business partner>Customer>Control

Reward points if useful

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems a pretty complicated procedure - anyway it doesn't reach part #2 since I already have entries that exist in #1 and not in #2 and they work fine!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure you have followed all these steps

1.Cross Application Component - SAP Business Partner - Basic Settings -Number ranges and groupings

• Define Number ranges

• Define groupings and Assign number ranges.

2. Added the above group in Financial Accounting - Accounts Receivables & Accounts Payables - Customer Accounts - Master Data - Preparations for creating Customer Master Data - Define Account groups with screen Layouts (Customers)

3. SD - Basic Functions - Partner Determination - Setup partner determination -Setup partner determination for customer master.

4. T.Code BUPT - Business Partner - Control - Divisibility - BP Roles (Create the role by copying an existing one).

5. SAP Media - Master Data - SAP Business Partner for Media Companies - Control -

• Assign account groups to groupings.

• Settings for Customer and vendor Characteristics - Customer Roles.

6. Cross Application Component - SAP Business Partner - Business Partner - Basic Settings - Field Groupings - Configure Field Attributes per BP Role.

Reward points if helpful for contribution.

Regards

Ravi