cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To reduce Build and deployment time by removing source code for DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a custom component (DC)Which requires 45 minutes to build and deploy .Is there any way that i can remove the source code to reduce this time for deployment .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

45 minutes? Did you have a design phase in your project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I have 9 components in my DC.And i require quite a lot of time to deploy it on server.Hence i Needed a way so that i can reduce the time as the ear file generated is too large

Former Member
0 Kudos

How big is the .ear file then? In my current project we also have a Web Dynpro DC with 9 components, but the generated ear is only 3 MB and it builds and deploys in a minute or so. If your .ear is a lot bigger, you should perhaps consider to split your DC and several other DCs. That's what I meant with "Did you have a design phase in your project?".

timo_renner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Varsha,

the build time of your application is mainly affected by two parameters:

- number, size and structure of your application

- the hardware where your NWDI (especially CBS) runs on

Just a number of DCs is not a parameter where it is possible to get an idea of the size of the project. On the HW side I can only tell you that you should not use a slow server, especially the number of CPU and the HD performance are important for this.

This means you should not use your PC (or even worse: laptop) to host a NWDI, but rather use a real server (or at least a high-performance PC), as the NWDI has high performance peaks.

Best regards,

Timo