cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

My SAP server becomes slow sometimes. There is no fixed time. But it is only for 5-6 minutes during the day,then it automatically becomes OK.Can anyone please tell me why it was happening?Even it is not happening everyday also,It may sometime occurs 2 to 3 days after also.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

During the slowness period, check in sm50 of the particular instance, which report is run by which user.

after the slowness, goto st03n, check in the last minute workload in the expert mode. you can identify from there which report or transaction having high response time.

with regards

Sudha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul ,

Check the following

1) Check through sm50 which work processes are taking time and how many dialog work processes are utilized

if these all are utilized then increase the no of dialog work process.

2) check through sm04 which users are fetching how much memory for which trnasaction code.

3) look for any z Reports because this can lead to slow of server by fetching a lot of memory .

4) check for the cpu utilisation of your server if cpu utilization is more this can also lead to slow of server .

5) check for the db and sap parameters configured.

Regards

Chetan Anguralia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My SAP server becomes slow sometimes.

Yes, sometimes system goes very sloe.. there might me many reasons. Whats is your OS/DB..

Is your OS, DB & APPL tuned & also depends on your disk layout & file system.

Just a hint from my experince.

Usually some times system goes very slow when any long BTC jobs are active during business hours.

Try to identify BTC jobs running when users are actively working.

May be also Work processes, Memory , CPU bottle neck,

- rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For this problem, pl check any background job or batch input running in sm37 & sm35 respectively. This may also increase workload to system and may cause slowness

Also check in st03 or stad whether any specific program report running in dialog work processes causing the problem.

Further you can check the DB Statistics such as buffer, swap performance in st04.

With regards

Karthik Prakash B

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts,

I'm too facing the same problem.I have seen all the parameters as you all suggested,But How do I resolve it?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Plzz check u r logs.

2.Check u r virtualmemory / swap.

3.Check u r memory , buffer and Database parameters.

4.Check u r phsical RAM why beacause if end users r

inserceing the each dailog process can take upto 75 to 150

of memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I have check the logs,It is some extent high.But it is not more then the normal condition Your point--

4.Check u r phsical RAM why beacause if end users r

inserceing the each dailog process can take upto 75 to 150 4.Check u r phsical RAM why beacause if end users r inserceing the each dailog process can take upto 75 to 150 of memory

I can't understand. Can you please tell me in details.