cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Project Reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working with DTR and I'm trying to figure how to configure DC references correctly. The DCs I have are:

1. EJB module DC that contain a session bean.

2. Java DC that uses the EJB module (#1)(client)

3. Web Dynpro DC that uses the Java DC (#2)

4. EAR DC that deploys the EJB module (#1)

I tried to add the Java and EJB DCs as used DCs for the Web Dynpro DC, but this doesn't seem to work.

How exactly should I define the used DCs (run time, design time, deploy time soft/hard etc? Do you know of any documents that describe how to do it (I found a tutorial in the Web Dynpro tutorials that explains how to use an EJB from web dynpro, but it didn't address any issue regarding DC references)

Thanks in advance,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Have a look at the following thread:

Hopefully it addresses to your need as well.

Best regards,

Dharmi

alexander_link
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

which part exactly "doesn't seem to work"?

- Are you able to select the DC to be "used"?

- Does the used DC appear in the list after you added it?

- Or do you only have problems at runtime? (The Sharing reference should only affect runtime (!?) )

I'm not sure which DC should be referenced from where, but do you get an error message, or does simply nothing happen, when you create a use dependency to the other DC?

I had this problem several times. When I created a dependency nothing happened and after a few more tries the dependency suddenly was created and shown in the list of used DCs.

This is just another suggestion. Maybe it is really not possible to reference DCs the way you try.

Regards, Alex

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

If your DC is included to ear projec, than you need a "Sharing reference" to your "Enterprise Application" in your Dynpro project. Got to Dynpro project properties, select "Web Dynpro References", tabstrip "Sharing references" and add name of your ear DC (e.g. "sap.com/sdn").

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.