cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do we need Queue mechanism in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the use of Queues in XI message processing.???

Why do we Look into SM58 in IDOC Posting. What it says abt???

Explain me in brief nad in general words

Regards

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> What is the use of Queues in XI message processing.???

>

> Why do we Look into SM58 in IDOC Posting. What it says abt???

>

> Explain me in brief nad in general words

Hi,

In general words the queue is a disciplined way to process the message one by one. There are two typs of queues. Inbound Queue & Outbound Queue SMQ2 & SMQ1 are the transacton codes respectively. By using these tcode you can see your message insed the queue.

Regards,

Sarvesh

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SM58 is used to monitor RFC communication which is basically Idocs coming (inbound) and going (outbound) from the SAP system

SM58 - Transactional RFC (Remote Function Call). BW uses tRFC for data transmission and this transaction will list all the RFCs associated with a request. You can get details like target system, status, RFC id, etc. so that you can check in BW whether there was any errror with the RFC.

SM58 is used to monitor the data packets coming into BW from the R3 side or from BW to BW. You can see every data packet through this transaction. So if any data packet is stuck in the source system, then you can basically see that from this transaction and take the necessary action to push it through. TRFC is nothing but Transactional RFC which connects the 2 systems and is used for sending data from one system to other.

It'll be there for any load, full or delta coming from the source system. You can push them manually by clicking on the data packet and then hitting key F6. you can do that for most of the errors, but for say that the background user password has changed or if the user is locked, you need to change that first then reprocess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

Let me explain in general, when any server process multiple tasks it will serve on some priority basis like FIFO, Time-Slice, LIFO, Stack basis etc. Queue does the same functionality, it holds tthe last processed message or say when you trigger any message from R3 to XI a queue is assigned to it so that it will be proccessed in right order on its turn. so importance becomes that whether queue is being processed or got stuck and we can reach the status of our message.

SM58: provides all the errors which come on R3 side when idoc processed and got failed.

Rewards if helpful.

BR,

Kasturika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please have a look here:

/people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i

/people/vasanthakumar.balasubramani2/blog/2005/12/21/complete-reference-for-idoc-queuing-and-monitoring

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7b/94553b4d53273de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick