cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authority to Netweaver - Recommendations

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in process of upgrading to 12.0 from 11.5. I'm running into some stumbling blocks becuase of lack of authorization to Netweaver. I've gone from "all" authority to no authority in Netweaver. I still have administartion authority in xMII and I still can get to the server level.

Is there any recommendation or best practices as far as authority to Netweaver? What authorization is "normal"? I've looked at various documentation, but I couldn't see anything.

I can not create users in Netweaver, but I am responsible for navigation in xMII.

I'd like to investigate the other tools that come with Netweaver such as Web Dynpro. Has anyone used Web Dynpro and added it to an xMII screen?

Thank you for the information!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

All the roles for the xMII starts with xmii. ( xmii developer,xmii administrator,xmii user).

You can edit the roles using UME Frontend from the path ( http://<Ip adreess>:prot - usually 50000 , --> User Management).

Next, I have tried linking the applications developed in webdynpro. ( After all Webdynpro page ,xMII pages are Webpages to the XMII portal ). Infact U can link any web site for insatace www.google.com.

Thanks

Hari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still really didn't find an answer. Netweaver authorization remains a mystery to me. I'll follow up at TechEd. If I find any answers I'll post them here.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

In my experience with 12.0 users, the Basis/Security folks from the ERP side of things will take over and administer the roles and permissions in xMII. And generally they don't give out much authority to others to do so. I do not know your organization at all, but given how security folks think, you may want to touch base with them before spending a lot of time researching how to do it yourself.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hal,

Thank you for the information.

However, what you listed is my problem. I can not get to http://server:57000/useradmin as that is a "Netweaver" function. I can not get to Web Dynpro deploy as that is a "Netweaver" function.

Is it possible to give me part of the Netweaver administration security without giving me all of it?

Is it normal for restricted access when xMII resides on Netweaver?

Thank you,

Michelle