cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales in Kit part no. but stock reduction in component part no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We wanted the part no. to be sold in Kit Part No. and stock reduction in component part no. This is specifically for the'01 distribution channel. For selling in '02 channel, we will use the component part no.

Hence kindly tell us a solution to satisfy both our requirement.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Define the Kit part no as a bundle and then assign the component parts and other services or parts also to that bundle. Hence Bundle wil be seling material and the components will be used for stocking and MRP planning.

You can assign the bundle explosion in CS01 tccode.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is bundle explosion ? u mean BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja. Sales BOM settings would address your issue. Create a sales BOM in CS01 give the kit part number, plant, BOM Usage 5. Give all the componenet part numbers under the kit part no. Now in material master Give LUMF as item category group for kit and ERLA for component. Now the itm catergory assigned to kit item would not have a inventory posting whereas for the component, stock is reduced from the inventory.

The second scenario can be addressed by item caterogy assignement settings. VOV4

ex) 1st scenario OR LUMF TAQ

ex) 2nd scenario OR ERLA TAN

OR ERLA TAQ TAN.

REGARDS

raghavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghavan,

Already for the secon part no, the item category is set and invoicing are happing for the component part no. The kit part no. can be created and as said by you, the item category can be changed to LUMF. If by changing the category for the component from NORM to LUMF will it not affect the existing set up. what will happen to my MRP when run for the component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pooja. By changing the item category group in the master you have to make sure item categoy assignment is perfect. If you are not sure retain norm in the masters for components and in vov4 assign as below. l

OR NORM TAN

OR NORM TAQ TAE

REGARDS

RAGHAVAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

u mean

sale.doc type

OR NORM TAN

OR NORM TAQ TAE

Former Member
0 Kudos

u mean

saty ITcGR USG HlevCa Dfltc

=============================

OR NORM TAN

OR NORM TAQ TAE

am i correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghavan,

Tks. I got it. But the billing happenning for the component. I want the billing to happen in Kit Par NO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pooja. In item category TAE (vov7), make it not relevant for billing (Billing relevance field). So when u make invoice only kit item will come.

regards

Raghavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghavan,

Item category is TAN for the component. I cannot set not relevant for Billing since component can also be sold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja. Item category for component parts when sold along with kit the item category is TAE only.

It is tan when it is sold individually and not as akit. Now when u are selling along with kit then component would not appear in invoice because tae flows.

When u enter only the component part as an stand alone part then the item category is tan which would appear in the invoice. Hope I am clear

Regards

Raghavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VOV7 for TAE Billing relevance is 'Not relevant for billing' already exist. But component items are still appearring in theinv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand not fully but correct if my understanding is fine or not-

You have a material A with sub item as B and both of them call as a Kit, in 01 distribution channel you like to sell A and stock reduction is B, in another channel like to sell B but stock reduction is A.

is it what your requirement.

Regards

Goutham