cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP client proxy: request acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've read the link [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/f4/8620c6b58c422c960c53f3ed71b432/frameset.htm] which explains the use of ABAP proxies with acknowledgements.

I've implemented a corresponding logic.

At runtime I see no acknowledgement request in the <SAP:ReliableMessaging> tag of the XI header.

Every time I execute the proxy I just get:

Exception CX_AI_SYSTEM_FAULT triggered

NO_ACKS_REQUESTED No acknowledgment requested for message ID 47D4E16B00146767E1000000AC1

Anyone can explain this?

For the record it should be stated that scenario is like this: ABAP proxy --> XI --> JMS

Best Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to check the parameter "Return XI Delivery Acknowledgment (Adapter is Endpoint)" in section "XI Settings" of Receiver CC?

Extract from [Adapter|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/content.htm] chapter:

The receiver JMS adapter is an exception to this rule. By using a parameter in the configuration, you can specify whether a system acknowledgment is sent like all other adapters or whether a DeliveryAckNotSupported is sent instead. This is recommended if the delivery of the message by the JMS adapter is considered to be too weak to trigger a system acknowledgment.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, admitted: I'm very new to ABAP programming and ABAP proxies. The problem was that my statement

lv_proxyobject->execute_asynchronous( proxy_structure ).

was called too early. I though the COMMIT statement was the one that mattered when it was actually the above one.

Problem solved - so logical and clear now that I know it:-o

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will get the proper acknowledgment in case for Asynchronous communication here in ABAP proxy -- XI --JMS you need to build Sync/Async bridge. also verify which SP that you are using.

Refer Sync/async bridge for JMS

Async/Sync Communication using JMS adapter without BPM (SP 19)

/people/sudheer.babu2/blog/2007/01/18/asyncsync-communication-using-jms-adapter-without-bpm-sp-19

Exploring JMS and SAP-XI JMS Adaper

/people/kan.th/blog/2007/02/05/exploring-jms-and-sap-xi-jms-adaper

Sync/Async communication in JMS adapter without BPM (SP19)

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2007/01/18/syncasync-communication-in-jms-adapter-without-bpm-sp19

Sync/Async scenarios without BPM

/people/henrique.pinto/blog/2007/08/02/syncasync-scenarios-without-bpm

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm very much aware that I could use sync/async in JMS adapter to build a synchronous scenario. This, however, I'm not interested in.

Are u saying it's not possible to request an acknowledgement using ABAP client proxy for asynchronous scenario? That would contradict the link I gave in my post!?

Best Regards,

Daniel