Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM Password

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed WAS sneak preview from SDN.The server is up and running.

When I want to deploy the webdynpro from another machine it is asking for the SDM password.I think the default password for SDm is 'sdm'.I gave that.it does not work.I gave my J2ee engine admin password as Webdynpro SDM password.still t does not work.

It is giving error messge as

"Wrong password supplied.Server <server name> do not accept login request as apiadmin on port 50018- Wrong password supplied-request for login rejected until sdm server shut down-1."

Wat could be the problem.Can anybody help me pls.

Regards,

Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Changing the SDM password-

It will be easy to change the password using the sdm command line option .Change it using the follwoing command option's :

Stop the SDM Server first using the SAP MMC

Open the command line.

Go to the SDM/program directory from command prompt

sdm jstartup "mode=standalone" "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program"

sdm changepassword "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program" "newpassword=test123"

sdm jstartup "mode=integrated" "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program"

NOTICE the "/" instead of the "\" in the sdmhome path !

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkata for sharing this. I was finally able to deploy my web dynpro to the server. Is it possible to award points even if I wasn't the one who initially asked the question? If so, let me know how to do it.

Thanks a lot,

Achille.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could reset to default password as below :

sdm changepassword "newpassword=sdm"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try password "admin"

Regards,

Biqiang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Did you change the admin password after installation? If so change it in Secure Store through ConfigTool and restart sdm and try connecting with 'sdm' or ur new admin password.

Thanks,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dec 11, 2006 1:04:01 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[003]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : bconedel20

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/DHARME1.VEJ/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp7123darmi.ear

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/DHARME1.VEJ/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp7123darmi.ear

Aborted: development component 'darmi'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2006.12.11.13.02.44':

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Only Administrators have the right to perform this operation.

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

can anyone help out on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

It seems ur SDM server is down.

Please check.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

As the documentation suggests, the default password is 'sdm'. Check connecting to SDM through RemoteGUI and with the password 'sdm' or your admin password (whichever succeeds) and then you can change the sdm password in that screen.

Thanks,

Rajit