cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD document category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi great minds. Kindly let me know where and how can I create SD dcoument category.

Regards

Raghavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you talking about SD Item category, then you should go to transaction VOV7, copy any existing item category and make a new one.

You can now assign to your SD document type by going into SPRO - SD - SALES - SALES DOCUMENT ITEM - ASSIGN ITEM CATEGORIES.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SD document category

As per your question you are mentioning about SD document category available in VOV8... Right?

Document category is used to classify the different types of documents EX : quotations, sales orders, deliveries, and invoices.

As per my knowledge all the properties and characteristics and even the flow of business is linked with document category. Even I think that there is no need of more doc category other than provided by SAP.. all the business process will be mapped within the standard doc category..

That all are internally specified.. SAP will not give rights to change are create new one on that

Muthu

Edited by: Muthupandiyan on Mar 10, 2008 4:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A classification for the different types of documents that you can process in the sales and distribution system (for example: quotations, sales orders, deliveries, and invoices.

U can find the list provided by SAP in VOV8.

Thanks,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I could understand it appers in document header (vov8). But I want to know where the document catergories appearing there are created. For example C is the document catergory for standard sales order. But I am wondering where C is created.

regards

Raghavan