cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vista: nullpointerexception on create model

0 Kudos

We have installed a new Vista laptop from dell (all our other laptops still run XP). It runs Vista business dutch, with all the updates installed. We have installed the netweaver developer studio 7.0.14 on this laptop, using java sdk 1.4.2_17.

When we create a new project (or import an excisting project, doesn't matter) and then right click "models" and then "create model" or "reimport model" we get a dialog with "internal error":

Plugin name: Web Dynpro Model Editor

Plugin ID: com.sap.ide.webdynpro.modeleditor

class: com.sap.ide.webdynpro.modeleditor.modeleditorcallback

method: createModel

exception: java.lang.nullpointerexception: null

The log shows a stacktrace.

We have also tried java 1.6, developer studio .11 and even a different laptop on which we quickly installed vista ultimate with service pack 1 (preview).

We couldn't find anything on the forums or in the sap notes, so perhaps anyone here has encountered (and hopefully solved) this problem before.

Thanks in advance!

Walter Hoolwerf

Dimensys.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hoolwerf,

remove vista and try.

i think now it may work

0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for you response.

Unfortunately, the laptop came with vista preinstalled. If this turns out to be a known problem with vista, for which no fix exists, then we have no other choice but to buy a seperate windows XP licence and use XP, but I was hoping to find a less expensive solution.

Walter Hoolwerf

Dimensys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hoolwerf,

as of to my knowledge SAP Netweaver EP and Webdynpro will not run on vista with IE7.0

with regards,

myep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to work in offline mode.

Regards

Ayyapparaj