Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit Conversion in interactive Demand Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our users are complaining about the following case:

In interactive demand planning, they have made a drilldown on several products and now they want to set the unit of measure to 'XYZ'. If there is one or more products which are lacking conversion factor to unit XYZ in the product master, there will be no conversion at all for any product, only a message that conversion is not possible.

How can we change this so that all correctly defined products will be converted? Can we also modify the error message so that it displays info about which product could not be converted?

Best Regards

/Karl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

easier way would be to make sure the products are not selected at all for loading

you can use the additional data tab to fill in a field that will be based on the UOM conversion

basically if you dont have a converson to UOM XYZ, the field will have an X

These fields can be read by the shuffler in SNP planning books

Add this X as an exclusion in the selection criteria and you will not be loading materials you cant convert

(you can use the method mention by srinivas instead to get the same effect)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are trying to address Master Data Issues through interactive planning. This is not a correct way of addressing the issue. I would rather suggest to ensure that the master data is in place (read the Unit of Measure conversions at detail levels). You can develop custom report or use quick querying tool to make sure all the products at detail levels have the conversions in place. I am afraid there is no user exit you can switch ON while doin UoMs. However you can explore the BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_INTERACT method DETAIL_SET_UOM with your developers.this will make sure that products with base UoMs are displayed. It should be possible to list out Products that dont meet specific criteria.