cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create inquiry without material being created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Issue is regarding creation of inquiry, when material not being created.

Requirement is like at inquiry level customer may / may not know the material available, initially customer may not be aware of the products available but they want to buy that material.

Whereas in SAP, material has to be entered which is created in material master.

Is there any soln for the creation of inquiry / quotation (same case with Quotation too) with out material being created.

Regards,

Vijayasharee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as such in inquiry i guess it is possible, because you dont have to keep any stock of it.

while in quotation , it might not be possible.

if thats the scenario , why dont you create a dummy material, whose stock is not kept.

create this dummy material, fill in only the required fields by any x,y or z name or number.

remember the material no. and create the quotation or inquiry.

regards,

Siddharth.

0 Kudos

This could be a solution to the problem but not sure if this will be the most efficient way to do this step because creating a dummy material like X,Y and Z involves a lot of work by another dept.

PLM/Material team does the work for setting up the dummy material.

• Based on the above question, the customer may or may not purchase the material from this vendor so we are utilizing resources for business that a company won't win
  • Imagine each sales team member requesting the respective team members to create dummy materials for each project and there's going to be a lot of dummy materials in the system each day
  • If someone from another team uses the same dummy number from another team, it will lead to confusion.

So, I assume creating a inquiry with the use of notes/description would allow less resources to be utilized and if the project moves further, at the point of creating the product design/quotation, a material number can be created.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Do u mean to say u wanted to create a inquiry/quotation without entering a material.

While creating inquiry/quotation material field is not mandatory. But in Incompletion log at item level MATNR field needs to removed so that inquiry and quotation would be crated even without entering a material.

Thanks & Regards,

Shaik Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you one-and-all for the quick response.

Further i/p's for my query.

Suppose the customer send the RFQ (request for quotation) with their part no. where in that particular material is not produced.

However, once the RFQ is received company is confident enough to start produce that particular material for the first time.

So how to map this ie., customer part no. is known, where as company doesn't have the material as of now, once the material is produced it will have its own part no.

How to send a quotation with out company's part no. is the issue.

I/p's will be rewarded.

Regrds,

Vijayashree

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Dear Vijayashree

In inquiry (VA11), you can save the document without giving the manufacturers material code. It is not necessary to create the material code and enter in inquiry stage. Standard will allow you to save just by giving the description of the material. Only at quotation stage, you need to enter the material.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
closed

Please avoid closing your old threads with such non value added text which is bring the thread to top of the forum unnecessarily. thanks G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijayshree,

In Standard SAP, we do not have this option. As far as my knowledge, in any normal business scenarios we definetly need material to create quotation document. Without knowing the material that the customer is going to purchase we cannot create a quotation.

Please be clear on your exact requirement.

Regards,

Sridhar