Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Vs transaction type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend ,

I am working with Sol Man 4.0 Sp 13.

I am configuring for support desk in Sol Man (SLFN / SLF1)

In support desk config, i am getting two terminologies..namely

1. Basis notification

2. Transaction type (SLFN / SFL1)

What is the importance of notification whlie configuring support desk

How Notification is being linked with transaction type (SLFN / SLF1)

Without notification can we create support desk message?

Or can i manually create notification only?

Regadrs

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

The document pointed by Raghuraman is the only source I used too (picked it from one other thread in this forum).

In addition to the what the document says, there is perhaps one other point:

1) If a Service Message (Transaction Type SLFN) status is changed, by accessing it from from CRM_DNO_MONITOR, the corresponding Notification it had created in the background also changes. However, if you change the status of 'Notification' directly, in DNOTIFWL, the necessary change does not reflect in Service Message.

2) In nutshell, if you create 'Messages' from Satellite Systems or from within SolMan itself (from SOLAR01, 02, STWB_WORK etc.), I would suggest to directly deal with messages from CRM_DNO_MONITOR and close the status

3) It seems like the Notification it creates in the background is primarily used for communication to/fro SAP. I am not sure if this is the only 'delta' function that Notification achieves that Message itself is not meant to.

One may usually assume Notification to be the trigger for creation of a Message. But, the reverse seems to be happening most of the time ! A Support Message created from various channels, creates a Notification in the background.

I am not sure if I have helped answer your query or planted more worries Let me know if it helped.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

Than you for the input.

I am creating the support ticket from top menu "Help---->create support message".

when i creating the support ticket from "Help" (top menu), the system default picks SLFN transaction type.

But we want to chenge this transaction type frm SLFN to SLF1.

How to chage this in config /SPRO?

Regadrs

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

SPRO->Solution Manager->Configuration->Basic Settings-Standard Configuration of Basic settings->Number Ranges->Configure ABA Message

Choose "View Message Type" and then Field Name "PROCESS_TYPE"

In the details screen change Field value from SLFN to SLF1.

Please reward points if it's helpful.

Regards,

J.Prabananth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhanath,

No..it is NOT working...If u set this value here as SLF1 here, when u create a support ticket from SOLAR01 / SOLAR02 & RMMAIN etc it will effect. But if u create ticket by top "Help" menu, it will not effect.

So we have to do SPRO settings in some other place

Thank you

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Senthil,

It seems your query has been answered.

Can you please share your learnings, if time permits, on this thread itself so that myself and others can see how you overcame the problem.

I have always wanted to accomplish the following and didn't know a easy way:

(1) All Support Messages coming from withing Solution Manager to use something like ZLFN

(2) All Support Messages coming from Satellite Systems to use the Standard SLFN

Your answers would be very valuable.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

If you follow the steps provided by Prabhananth, u can get the result for your first query...

I am also looking for the answer for your second query..

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Senthil, for confirming that my 1st query is solvable with those steps.

I'd have to wait for a resolution to 2nd query before I implement the first - since, I have to ensure that the support messages coming from satellite systems does not end up picking ZLFN.

Kindly post any other findings you make on this thread. Thanks yet again.

Regards,

Sirni

former_member184504
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

I have the same requirement to provide different transaction types for support desk so for the purpose I have to implement the BAdI named BADI_DET_PROC_TYPE_FROM_DNO and after the implementation when I put break point in the badi and create a message from other server the control does not stop in my BAdI even though I have kept the break point (External). I have checked the message in solman_workcenter tcode in solman and the message that i have created in R3 can be seen in the solman but the control does not stops in the BAdI that I have implemented. Provide the helpful solution if possible.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

SLF1:

One product available on item level

Contract assignment possible

SLA Management possible

Automatic determination of organizational data

SLFN:

No product

No contract assignment

No SLA Management

No organizational data determination

Please feel free to contact me for further info

Regards

Hans Kesteloot

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check page 5-6 [in this.|https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001197002005E/Addtional_Information.pdf]

This will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu ,

Thank you for the link. But i could not open the link.

If possible can plz forward the PDf to my gmail.

my ID is: psk.psg@gmail.com

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

I have got the doc. It is very much helpful. Thank you

I awarded the points also.

Keep looking for your valuable inputs.

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Senthil,

Would you please send this document to me also?

myID: utates(at)hotmail.com.tr

Thanks for your time and effort,

Regards,

Utku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in newer releases of solman you can use the BADI "BADI_DET_PROC_TYPE_FROM_DNO" to create different process types for messages from different systems.

I am not sure from which support package on this BADI is available, i found it on SP19.

Greetings,

Christoph