cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load on XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my scenario ABAP client proxy to JDBC (Async), I will be getting 1,50,000 (1.5 records) and each record is having of size 1KB. Total ( Approximately )147MB of size of data has be input to XI.

Could you please give answers to the below:

1. Can XI handle such amount of data .

2. If XI can do, then are there any limitations at the receiver end JDBC adapter.

Currently we are using Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - 64bit as the receiver .

3. Shall go with direct Insert (SQL) or go with Stored Procedure at the JDBC receiver end?

4. Please give suggestions to make this interface work with good performance.

5. How do I do the Performance Tuning.

Regards,

Praveen Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ranjit_deshmukh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Park says, you need to split the messages in order to handle such huge loads.

One more thing- is there any roll back strategy expected from your scenario?

If so this message splitting will give you flexibility.

As per performance it will be slower but will help you to handle greater loads.

Ranjit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my scenario ABAP client proxy to JDBC (Async), I will be getting 1,50,000 (1.5 records) and each record is having of size 1KB. Total ( Approximately )147MB of size of data has be input to XI.

Could you please give answers to the below:

1. Can XI handle such amount of data .

2. If XI can do, then are there any limitations at the receiver end JDBC adapter.

Currently we are using Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - 64bit as the receiver .

3. Shall go with direct Insert (SQL) or go with Stored Procedure at the JDBC receiver end?

4. Please give suggestions to make this interface work with good performance.

5. How do I do the Performance Tuning.

Regards,

Praveen Kumar

Hi praveen,

XI 3.0 can handle up to 1 trillion messages

genErally SAP budget per month will be 5GB.

coming to JDBC it's capability depends on hardware.

please go through the below link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201-0010-1f8b-c935e444...

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

> In my scenario ABAP client proxy to JDBC (Async), I will be getting 1,50,000 (1.5 records) and each record is having of size 1KB. Total ( Approximately )147MB of size of data has be input to XI. Could you please give answers to the below:

> 1. Can XI handle such amount of data .

Yes it can handle.

> 2. If XI can do, then are there any limitations at the receiver end JDBC adapter.

> Currently we are using Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - 64bit as the receiver .

To receive the data i think there is no limitations.

> 3. Shall go with direct Insert (SQL) or go with Stored Procedure at the JDBC receiver end?

You can go with direct Insert.

> 4. Please give suggestions to make this interface work with good performance.

> 5. How do I do the Performance Tuning.

In your CC under Advanced Mode select the box "Disconnect from Database After Processing Each Message"

park_saeiam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I have scenerio here that is similar with you. Do you use BPM? but anyway I have also a problem abot performance with scenerio like this. So I try seperate the message and send into XI. That's fine and better than put all of data into one queue and one message interface.

Thanks

Park