cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Defined Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am in a Development for a project, in which i want to add 5 Additional User FieldsTABS in WBS, with different Field Keys. For this i have also developed 5 different Field Keys in IMG & also added 5 Tabs( one project profile specific) in the IMG. Once i am creating a project in CJ20n everthing (additional Tabs) is coming absolutely perfect but when i am changing the field keys ( in WBS User TAb) its taking only one field key for all the TABS at one time, giving warning message as " Entered DATA will be Lost). Now my requirement is giving Different Field Keys in one WBS ( having morethan one User Field Tab). Please suggest how to overcome this problem.

Rgds

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my understanding, I think you can have only one field key defined per WBS element.

As you might know that field key only affects the lable of the field and not the content in it.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriniwas,

thanx for your reply! But if system is allowing me to Add more than one same User Defined Tabs for any WBS, then is it possible to have multiple Field keys for a single WBS? For eg.

Suppose i defined : Two Field Keys Say :

1. IND0001

2. IND0002

Now i added two User Tabs in a particular WBS, now if i am want to give these two Field keys in these two TABS , the system is giving me a warning messsage as :

"Data entered in user fields could be lost**

*Message no. CP581*

*Diagnosis*

*You have entered a different field key.*

*System Response*

*The system will offer other user-defined fields and/or change the field labels, depending on the definition of the field key in Customizing.*

*Warning! All data entered in a user-defined field is lost, if the field is not contained in the new field key.*

*Procedure*

*Check the field key in Customizing for routings in Operation Data -> Define User Fields and take note of the warning above.*

Can you please help on this?

Rgds

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried to simulate the same. Mentioned 2 different field key's on the same WBS element but in different Tab's.

System doesn't issue a warning but it sets the field key on other tab automatically to the same as mentioned in earlier tab.

Though in your case it allows, I seriously doubt if it would be possible to have different key's on the same WBS. Case is same with other fields too, company code etc.,

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanx for your reply. Can u suggest me should i go for OSS support or any development is possible ( ABAPER) for the same.

once again thanx a lot.

Rgds

Rohit

Answers (0)