cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI in production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello..

This is the first time we are implimenting XI ...

Can any one tell me like...how we go from development to quality and then production enviornaments....

basically how we move objects from development to quality and then production....

is there any process like testing in XI?

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through the blogs.

1./people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

2./people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yet I personally (other implementors and even SAP consultants as well) disagree with the one-SLD-recommendation. However, if using two SLDs you have to make sure that whenever developing SLD objects (software components, business systems...) and going live, you have to export/import your SLD content from DEV/CONS to PRD.

Regards,

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

First

you have to plan your organization SLD(system landscape) this action will has an impact on the way you transport Integration builder objects between environments.

Refer to the pdf document "system landscape directory planning guide" (you can find it on service.sap or in sdn).

Second

Read all the information you can get on sap.help regarding software logistics.

Good luck.

Nimrod Gisis

After this preparation you can define the right methodology and procedures for transporting XI objects in your organization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could someone still clarify again what is the general landscape in case of an XI Implementation? We have 4 SAP R/3 Systems running parallele and we require XI to integrate some of the processes between them.

Do we require separate Dev/QA/Prod Systems/Servers?

Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

I would recommend to have at least a two-system landscape to be able to develop and test on the development/test system and have your stable production processes at the production server.

However, as your first processes are in production and everything runs OK, there will be subsequent projects which at some time will cause you to split your development/test system to two separate installations. Otherwise at some point development and proper testing will interfere.

So we starting using two systems in 2003 and 'upgraded' to a three-system landscape this summer.

Another question is how you organize your SLDs. I think SAP recommends to have one central SLD for your systems, but then you are always working on the productive server! In our installation we use one SLD for the development and test systems and one SLD for the production system and other applications.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

This is Shobhit and not Padma. Well thanks for your reply. It would be really helpful in chalking out a plan for my implementation. Would it be possible for you to send some documentation on XI System Landscaping?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma

Check the following OSS Note 817920

Sameer