cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page not available error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created the Role, Page and added the VC model from VC. When deploying, I could see the portal application, but when assigning the Role created in VC to the user and testing with that user credentials, it gives an error "Page not available"???

Any ideas what is missing??

Many thanks,

Dharmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you added the Iview to of the model to the your page and that page to the role u created and that role to your VC user.

Just do above things first then you can see the page

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that is the way I have done. I have created a role in VC (Sales), (runtime portal) then added a page to it (runtime also portal), and to that page I have added the composite view (runtime Web Dynpro). I do see the page, when I run it form VC but not after assignment to user?!?!?!

Then I have assigned the Sales role to the user.

Any more ideas???

Best regards,

Dharmi

Edited by: Dharmi Tanna on Mar 10, 2008 8:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

Please make sure that the role you created has the property "entry point" set to TRUE. Then, login with your user again and see if you can see the role.

Regards,

Talya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talya,

Thank you for your reply. No luck. I have checked the Entry point box for the role and deployed it (also deleted the cookies) but still the same error.

Any more ideas?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

Just to be 100 percent sure before we proceed: Can you check that in the Portal (not in VC) the role is indeed configured to be: entry point = TRUE?

Thanks,

Talya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talya,

I appreciate your help. I did go to the modeled content in the portal and opened the role, indeed the entry point is true and merge priority to 100.0,in that I saw a page entry, but the entry point of it was not checked, I have checked that as well but no luck.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

I'd like to know what users are you using for both the Portal and the VC:

1. Is the user you are using to login to VC an administrator in the portal?

2. Is the VC user you are using the same user to which you attach the role in the Portal?

Regards,

Talya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talya,

Answers:

1. Is the user you are using to login to VC an administrator in the portal? - Yes

2. Is the VC user you are using the same user to which you attach the role in the Portal? - nope, I created a testuser and to that user, I assigned only that Sales role.

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

Can you please attach the log files?

Thanks,

Talya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talya,

From [here|http://download.yousendit.com/24823F6C01A2FEA9 ] you can download the log file.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried to assign the role to the admin user rather than the test user? If this works it is probably a permission issue.

Please try and post the result.

Regards

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert and Talya,

There seems to be some problem with the portal, The test users that I assigned the role to, missed the role. The role just disappears and this morning I had to add the role again.

The TC-er is going to check / control why is this happening. Since we would like to be sure before reporting a bug.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Answers (0)