cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When creating Outbound Delivery, how does SAP propose Delivery Type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in VL01N, when i create an outbound delivery i can create it with reference to an SO or without reference to an SO.

But how does SAP know the delivery type to use?

I don't know where to really look.

in SPRO i went to:

Logistics Execution ---> Shipping --> Deliveries

but all i saw was delivery type definition.

then i went down the path:

LE --> Shipping --> Copy Control --> Specify Copy Control for Deliveries

then i found a table linking Sales Order Types and Delivery Types.

However, we use SO doc. type Z*** for example but I see that there are multiple entries for it linking to various delivery types including LF and another custom Z*** delivery type.

My question is, how is the system choosing which delivery type to use?

Is it maintained in customer master or at config level?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

at VOV8 you check the delivery type field against the sales order. The delivery type mentioned here would pick up when you do outbound delivery for that sales order.

But for the same orde tye like OR, we have different invoices picking up which is done through some abap code written in the standard billing program in required function module that is used to pick up the billing document. For this we have used order type as one of the criteria.

Unless for some customization, the delivery type would pick from the VOV8 settings.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

run tranz VTLA

hit "Position"

put your del.type and sales doc type (your ZLF and ZSO)

hit Enter

system will find your copying control (the top line) - this is the answer how system finds your delivery

howevere you can specify delivery creation without reference.

example - del. type LO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

but what if your SO doc. type to delivery type is a 1:N relationship?

how does system go about choosing what delivery type to use when creating your outbound delivery?

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is o.k.

system starts from sales order type, not from del.type

it gets ZSO (when you create delivery with ref) and via VTLA takes your ZLF

and don't forget about item category - this is second key for your answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gavin,

If you check VOV8 for example standard order (OR), the delivery type is LF. Here you can define only delivery type person SO. Hence you will not find SO to LF relation as 1:N but will surely find N:1.

Item category just defines the billing relevance of the item. Hence if billing is delivery related then delivery will be created for the item.

Now once order is created when tried to deliver, it will know that LF is the delivery type from VOV8 and from item it will know he should deliver it or not.

Hope this is clear now. Reward if helpful.

Kind regards

sandeep