cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationships Table & Image look up table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I Have couple of questions regards to Image table and relationships table...

1.Can any explain me about relationships table and in which scenario will go for this relationships table? How can we link this table with other tables? Please provide me detail steps to create relationships table....

2. I have created a Image field in my main table as look up field for the image table when i go and add the data in Data manger in my main table in Image field also which is not available in Image table but after saving those records i am able to see in image table... How can i add the data in Image field of main table which is not available in image table?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

For relationships table you need to create relations between your records. This can be helpful when you have items details for procurement where your Main item can be related to a subsitute item or a component item or its accessories. For Example if you have one record for desktop and one record for printer you can relate them into main item and component item, if you have desktop record for one cmpany and another record for desktop of other company you can relate them into main item and subsitute item, similarly for printer and printer cartridge(accessories) you can maintain relation of related item.

It is usually used for the procurement where searching and shopping of items become ease, since you click on one single item to shop you get the other items in the option which are necessary or may turn out handy for making choice.

You can create relation ships in the main table record in the data Manager in the record mode just double click on the relationship pane in the Record Detail tab...you will get the relationship box for that record than you can just drag and drop other records as per the relation you want it to maintain with other records.

Hope this helps you ......

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the problem is i have created parent table (sub table) and Child table (sub table), in relationships table i have maintained the relationship as parent/child ,when i enter data in Data manger i can add the data in parent table and child table separately.For example i have a created a record in parent table Printer and in child table cartridge when i double click on Relationships in record detail mode and current table is parent table i am able to open the pop-up box with two blocks top level as parent record but i am unable to see child records in the bottom level. How can i get the child records for parent table and vice versa?How can i relate them?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Q)I have created a Image field in my main table as look up field for the image table when i go and add the data in Data manger in my main table in Image field also which is not available in Image table but after saving those records i am able to see in image table... How can i add the data in Image field of main table which is not available in image table?

-->To add records to your image field select images table in data manager .Right click->Add .It asks u for Data group,enter data group.(IF u dont have data group u can create one by clicking on Edit)

Then Click on Add ,select imagse from source folder .Select either one option Store in Repository /link o original file and click OK.Images are added to yor Image table.

The other details i.e.image variants get automatically filled.

To link these images to your records you should have an image field in your source file to refer to your images then in Import manager map the image field and do value mapping for the same .

Apart from the points mentioned above You can add a user-generated variant from an external image file as described below

Procedure

1. In the Record Detail tab, right-click on the image thumbnail and choose Set Variant from the context menu, and then choose the variant from the cascading menu of variant names.

MDM opens the Windows file Open dialog.

2.Navigate to the desired folder, select the image file you want to use for the user-generated variant, and click Open.

MDM imports the file as the selected variant for the current image record(s).

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Nisha

Edited by: Nisha Lalwani on Mar 10, 2008 6:35 AM